So what are our views on these alleged leaks for season 8?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Violator

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:50 am

TheSpidersGenitals wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:17 am
I'm struggling to see a scenario with Jon and Dany both surviving the series. Regardless of the shoddy FAKE leaks I agree that the battle against the army of the dead will be wrapped up by the end of E4 at the latest to allow plenty of action fighting for the iron throne. Mel will have a part to play and I've got a nagging feeling Bran will be heavily linked to the NK.

Prepare for major players to start perishing from the start of the series, we are realistically going to lose 2/3 well known faces per week...
Yes, but do you think the leaks are fake? I don't think you've made that clear.

Hursta1

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:11 am

They have been shown to be fake? That's awesome. Like I said if the end is a Jon Dany Ice Fire baby then so be it but get there in a way that doesn't betray the whole story up to now. There is no way that the battle for the Iron Throne should be the final boss fight. The Great War should be just that. Our heroes need to just barely make it by with the vast majority dying fighting the NK not Cersei and Euron. In fact they should in my opinion face the consequences of underestimating the NK. Puke should be overrun with the dead and Kings Landing assaulted by Viserion. In fact if they were to play it as real as possible then everyone should die and the NK should prevail. No one in Westeros is prepared for winter. There is no way they could be with all the fighting that preceded it. They should pay for that with their armies starving because there isn't enough food. But in the end the long night will be pretty short and the NK and the AotD won't be much of a threat.

Pigeon

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:34 pm

While I'm somewhat expecting a big kill-off in Season 8, I don't actually think that it's particularly necessary. It's GoT, so we pretty much expect our favourites to die, but who really knows? Of course there'll be some, but probably the biggest mind-fuck ever would be to have a lot of them live.

Dyanna

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:22 pm

TheSpidersGenitals wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:17 am
I'm struggling to see a scenario with Jon and Dany both surviving the series. Regardless of the shoddy FAKE leaks I agree that the battle against the army of the dead will be wrapped up by the end of E4 at the latest to allow plenty of action fighting for the iron throne. Mel will have a part to play and I've got a nagging feeling Bran will be heavily linked to the NK.

Prepare for major players to start perishing from the start of the series, we are realistically going to lose 2/3 well known faces per week...
If either Jon or Dany die, it isn't a bittersweet ending. Not after they've gone down the love story road.

Stark Wolf

Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:56 pm

I read them super fast, but noticed Episode 1 the language being used seemed off, not compact like a script. Plus the writer added opinions which would not be in a script. As I continued more and more seemed contrived and inconsistent. It is possible that several events will be involved in Season 8, but for the most part it is Fan Fiction. IMHO!

Another issue, I highly doubt they will use the ending of the very popular and well know LotR.

Violator

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Stark Wolf wrote:
I read them super fast, but noticed Episode 1 the language being used seemed off, not compact like a script. Plus the writer added opinions which would not be in a script. As I continued more and more seemed contrived and inconsistent. It is possible that several events will be involved in Season 8, but for the most part it is Fan Fiction. IMHO!

Another issue, I highly doubt they will use the ending of the very popular and well know LotR.

But they don't use that ending.

LufkinAg

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Just admit it violator, you are the author of the predictions.

Stark Wolf

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Violator wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:05 pm
Stark Wolf wrote:

But they don't use that ending.
No, not exactly, but it was very close. I don't know GRRM, but I doubt he would want to get anywhere close to looking as if he were shadowing LotR ending. The leaked ending is on the very edge. D&D have made writing mistakes, but they also seem talented enough to hold themselves to a higher standard. But, once again JMHO! Each person who reads the leaks should decide for themselves if it sounds or feels real. I found several events to feel real, but found more flaws than reality.

There is a good rebuttal of the leaks at Reddit Free Folk.

Jbird

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:35 am

RBloodworth wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:48 pm
I'm with you. They're not entirely implausible given what we know happens in the Season 7 finale based on the spoilers posted here. That said, I can tell you with 100% certainty that a lot of people are going to FUCKING HATE Season 8- particularly the last two episodes- if these spoilers are legit. I'm talking Lost-finale-on-HGH-level hatred.
Yep! If this is true, this is disappointing. Although, sometimes I think these leaks are intentionally leaked as a way to gauge the audience's temperature and maybe tweak things. The s7 leaks were generally correct. Who said or did what was slightly off but otherwise it was kind of all there. I don't like what becomes of Dany towards the last parts of the leaks; hope that's fake. If J&D die but have a child then Sansa should be queen & better fit to raise J&Ds baby. She's a Stark & closest to family & has the childhood memories to tell; not that M wouldn't do a great job, she would but she's not a Stark.

[3XM]

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:54 pm

I became concerned these leaks might be true after someone pointed out in another commentary board that the show might already have laid foreshadowing for some of the most questionable developments.

Now that Jon Snow is revealed to be actually Aegon Targaryen, the maesters conversation in ep. 5 might provide clues for his destiny.

So, in ep. 5, after the maesters dismiss Bran and Sam's warnings, they recall other prophecies and legends that have never come to pass. One then says: "Don't forget the prophet Lodos who promised that the Drowned God would rise up and destroy Aegon the conqueror." The maesters take it to be Aegon The Conqueror, the first Targaryen ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. But now we have another Aegon, Jon Snow, who might become the conqueror of the Army of the Dead and, thus, the Seven Kindgoms. The alleged leaks indicate that Jon Snow will defeat the Army of the Dead only to then die while fighting Euron Greyjoy - effectively fulfilling the prophecy of Lodos.

The fact that the show has heavily promoted Euron and the actor who plays him makes me start to believe that he could, indeed, play this pivotal role in the final season. Furthermore, while the maester comment may have been just a throw-away line, with no relevance to the story resolution, it's hard not to become a bit paranoid about every little detail within a show so richly layered in foreshadowing.

In a way, I think Jon dying is a natural conclusion to the series. GRRM has always said that the ending would be bittersweet; and then there's that famous line "If you think this story has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." He will die a hero; but he will die, also because heroes are not made to settle back to a normal life. Furthermore, ever since he's been ressurrected by the Lord of Light, I feel he has been living in "borrowed time": he will serve his purpose and that's the end of him. However, I am not at all excited about Euron being the one that gets him killed and I fervently hope the writers have a better narrative option in store.

As I've said, I believe Jon Snow won't survive the final season and, in a way, I can accept that. But, yes, him being killed by an irritating character such as Euron Greyjoy would make it that much harder to take...

[BTW, I am new around here. Please be kind.]

• Information