OST appreciation thread

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
ancalagontheblack

Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:28 am

I am not sure where to publish this, but since I am talking about things that have yet to happen in the show, I decided to place it here.

First: Winter is here.

What a beautiful piece! Its so different from the rest, and I can only imagine it will be playing while Jon and Daenerys are having sex, while Rhaegar and Lyanna get married/Lyanna explains who Aegon is.

Second: Message for Cersei.

Easily my 2nd favorite moment of the season, with the Queen of Thorns saying: "tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me". The use of the cello is impressive.

Third: Spoils of War (parts 1 and 2).

The Dothraki theme intertwined with the theme for the Lannisters and the Dragons. You can hear the specific moment when, as the music goes silent, Daenerys is yelling DRACARYS! and the musical effect for Drogon's fire plays... My favorite moment of the season.

Fourth: Gorgeous Beasts, Shall we begin and Dragonstone.

The theatricality of the Dragon theme carried to splendor in all 3 pieces. My favorites of the album.

Fifth: No one walks away from me.

I suppose this is played while Cersei and Jaime are separating with the Mountain looming large... Intense and heart breaking.

Sixth: Truth.

I have absolutely no idea what this one is about but I can hardly wait for the Dragonpit meeting to hear this theme.

Seventh: The Army of the Dead.

You can perfectly notice the moment in which the Night King, on top of Viserion, starts wrecking havoc on the Wall... and the moment the Wall comes crumbling down!

ghost of winterfell

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:03 pm

I think "Truth" is the music that will be played during the R+L wedding scene, intercut with J&D.
"Winter is here" looks to be a bonus track, which won't actually be played on the show, unless it's played during the end roll of credits.

My favorites are Truth, See you for what you are, Winter is here, Army of the dead, No one Walks away from me, Home and Message for Cersei, in that order.

Flayed Potatoes

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:14 pm

Winter is Here seems like the kind of song they'd play when we see snow for the first time in KL.

I like Truth, Army of the Dead and No One Walks Away from Me the most. Oh and Message for Cersei.

BeardedOnion

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:36 pm

Imagine what he has in store for the series finale.

• Information