Dany and Jon: So what do we think happens now?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Violator

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:55 pm

It's an interesting one this because the revelation coupled with the ongoing love story between these two characters opens up a number of possibilities. For example:

Will Dany and Jon end up living happily together?
Will Dany and Jon die together as a couple?
Will Dany and Jon die separately and estranged but still in love with one another?
Will Dany and Jon die separately and resentful of one another and of themselves for what they've done?
Will Dany end up keeping the child she conceives with Jon and acknowledges it?
Will Dany try to pretend the child between her and Jon is someone else's to hide its true identity?
Will Dany and/ or Jon die partly as a result of this doomed relationship? For example, will one commit suicide - this is not unheard of in these kinds of stories?

I believe much of their relationship in season 8 will revolve around them coming to terms with their relationship. Even if they do end up dying tragically, this could be with their love still in tact or it could be after, and because of, them going their separate ways and not being able to deal with with what they've done.

Mau mau

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:33 am

King and queen with child.

ancalagontheblack

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Id say King and Queen with Child, and Queen with grandchildren (I think Drogon and Rhaegal will produce offspring).

Violator

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Mau mau wrote:
That sounds far too sweet and not at all bitter.

ICH_GoT

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:29 pm

This --->
ancalagontheblack wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:31 pm
Id say King and Queen with Child, and Queen with grandchildren (I think Drogon and Rhaegal will produce offspring).
So I agree with ancalagontheblack's prediction--and I hope Drogon and Rhaegal will produce offspring!

Mau mau

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:37 am

Violator wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:50 pm
Mau mau wrote:
That sounds far too sweet and not at all bitter.
Maybe, but that's the ending.

imagotbluray

Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:42 am

Supposed to be bittersweet ending - that dont sound bittersweet.

Mau mau

Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Dragons will die. And many other popular characters like Tormund and Jorah.

Dawnbringer

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:10 am

Just a wild idea.

I was thinking about the quote
"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

Imagine this senario... Dany during the fight with army of Dead. Dragons are lighting up the sky to make it look like the sunrise is rising. Among the choas of the fighting. Lets just say she has varyian steel sword. She is cornered or knocked down by a White Walker or the Night King. He is about to the strike down her, swings, then it is Blocked by Khal Drago (in some kind of Divine form) and shattered the Undead weapon, and Dany is in shock. Khal swings his flaming weapon and blinding the White walker. He says "This is not your time khaleesi, fullfill your destiny" She turns away grab her sword but Khal is no longer there but the white walker or Night King standing there blinded. She swings the sword and destroys him.

(Inspired by the Conan The Barbarian - Do You Want To Live Forever scene)

Finds out afterwards she has been pregnant before the battle and Khal did return even if it was only for a moment.

Violator

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:40 pm

With regards to Dany and Jon, I don't expect them both to survive but I do think their child will.

My only hope is that they both die reconciled and having declared their love for one another rather than estranged.

If they die together that would be nice, or apart would be fine, so long as we've had that important scene where they have finally accepted that regardless of whether they can be together, they will always love one another and they cannot fight that.

I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

• Information