Looking forward: what are your top five predictions of what you are more than 50% sure will happen in season 8?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Raeslewolhn

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Mau mau wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:25 pm
The story will end with Dany and Jon as king and queen. I think that’s completely clear now.
Jon won’t die, he is legitimate Targaryen. What’s the point of that if he won’t be king? And Dany won’t die, because they will have a child together.

GRRM – trope subvertor LOL

He was lying about the nature of this story for 20+ years because he killed Ned Stark and his fans bought his BS. I’m sure many won’t believe next season that that was his ending and they will blame D&D as usual.
I do think we don't give GRRM enough credit for weaving a complex tapestry of already existent tropes. But it is that weaving combined with some shock value things which were truly unconventional that make it so good. He didn't invent fantasy or reinvent it, but he did break the mold. It'll be epic but corny, but that doesn't mean we won't lose Dany too, at the very end.

Summers Ghost

Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:44 pm

They brought Gendry back for a reason - I think he will figure out -possibly with the help of Sam - how to kill (re-kill? destroy? not sure of the nomenclanture) Viserion by discovering the difference between steel and Valyrian steel is how it is forged (with dragon fire). This is why the Iron Throne still has sharp edges after centuries ;) I hope they don't have him jump off a tower, spear in hand, to kill the dragon to save Arya. Ok, I lied, I would like to see that.

Stormborn

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:19 pm
1. The show will end.
2. The season will have 6 episodes.
3. Jon will have multiple fight scenes.
4. There will be dragons.
5. Many people will die.

How did I do? :P
That's the best prediction I've read anywhere, ever! :P

Stormborn

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:58 pm

1. The Army of the Dead kill everyone at Last Hearth before continuing South.
2. Edmure Tully returns,
3. Jon finds out he's Aegon Targaryen.
4. There's dragon on dragon action
5. Arya kills someone.

Wildling-Warrior

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:07 am

1 Jon, Daenerys and Co. discover that Cersei lied and is trying to take Daenerys lands while they travel North.

2 Daenerys is conflicted about heading North to help defeat the Nights King or going back to defend her land.

3 Daenerys gets pregnant but has another dead baby with scales and a tail.

4 Jon discovers who he is. Bran and Howland Reed confirm it.

5 Cersei dies by Jaime's hand after she realizes she has lost everything and has unintentionally destroyed herself.

Steve Yohe

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:56 pm

Cersei child will be a dwarf.

jorywea

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:27 pm

Arya murdering a set of Twins(Wink Wink)

tanner1

Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:23 pm

1. Jaime will die and Aria takes his face and kills Cersai (she gives birth before this)
2. Tyrion raises J and C's baby at the rock
3. Jon dies but kills the NK
4. Tormund, the night's watch, Beric, Varys, Melisandre, The Mountain and Theon, all die
5.free elections and each of the 7 kingdoms rule themselves

rmur23

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:54 am
Starry wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:45 am
Why is everyone in a rush to kill Dany? I think Jon is more likely to die. But I hope both survive.
You probably missed the 49843340439 theories that have been popping up on reddit about Jon dying ever since the leaks were confirmed. Trust me there's rush to kill him as well.
How/when/where were any leaks ever "confirmed"? If anything they've been disproved.

I'm more inclined to believe Jon dies. He's proven he's willing to sacrifice himself again and again. They've spend 7 years touting Dany as the future Queen and getting every likeable character on her side. I don't think the overall ending will be as shocking as some suspect. Bittersweet yes - I don't see any way that they both survive.

Flayed Potatoes

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:56 pm

rmur23 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:15 pm
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:54 am
Starry wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:45 am
Why is everyone in a rush to kill Dany? I think Jon is more likely to die. But I hope both survive.
You probably missed the 49843340439 theories that have been popping up on reddit about Jon dying ever since the leaks were confirmed. Trust me there's rush to kill him as well.
How/when/where were any leaks ever "confirmed"? If anything they've been disproved.

I'm more inclined to believe Jon dies. He's proven he's willing to sacrifice himself again and again. They've spend 7 years touting Dany as the future Queen and getting every likeable character on her side. I don't think the overall ending will be as shocking as some suspect. Bittersweet yes - I don't see any way that they both survive.
You do realize I was talking about the season 7 leaks, right? My post was written ages ago.

• Information