Jon's big reveal

User avatar
evenwind
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:52 pm

No, not that - we've already seen him nekkid. :shock:

Do you think they're going to do it quietly, with just Sam, Bran, and a Stark or two? With Jon/Aegon maybe trying to keep a lid on it? Or, a big splashy announcement with lots of folks having their WTF moment together?

I figure it'll be big. Maybe in the main hall at Winterfell: Jon introduces Dany. The gathered Northerners say "We'll never follow a Targaryen!" Bran says "Tough bananas! You already are!" and explains. And fun and games ensue.

What do you think?

User avatar
BrienneBabe
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 pm

heh I like the "You already are!" -- they'll totally need to play that card.

But my guess is they'll let each the revelation bounce around a string of 2-person scenes as every pair gets their wtf moment, culminating in the tough bananas. I'm chuckling imagining Brienne's expression upon hearing of JonNerys followed by familial complication. She frowns so wonderfully.

User avatar
Grandmaester Flash
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:54 pm
Location: England

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:54 pm

evenwind wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:52 pm
No, not that - we've already seen him nekkid. :shock:
I seem to remember he had a body double in the cave scene with Ygritte. Kit had broken an ankle, or something.

onefromaway
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:23 pm

I'm so glad you asked this question, I was thinking about this today. OK, here goes.

They arrive at WF and there is a lot of commotion in general but specifically because Arya and Bran have not seen Jon yet and they will both want to see him. But Bran will say "Jon I have to speak with you." Jon will be all "can't it wait." Bran, "No." Jon, "are you sure, I want to speak to the Lords and introduce our new queen." Bran, "This is more important." Now Bran is being calm but firm and Jon looks like he is going to wiggle out of it then Sam comes to the rescue and with that inner resolve we see from him now and then, he will tell Jon, in no uncertain term, that Jon has to speak with Bran and he NOW. Ok so.....I think the first telling will be at least Jon, Bran, and Sam. It is possible that Sansa and Arya may be there because they are family. How everyone will react? Stunned, then after that, I don't know, it is a game changer, but with the fight with the dead bearing down on them, it may all get shoved to the side.

So, I think the first telling will be Stark family w/ Sam. If Dany is not in the Stark family meeting to start with Jon may pull her into it because, hey, she is now part of the extended family and she needs to know this too.

The second telling will be with all the advisers to Jon and Dany because, as Jorah so clearly put it, the Targaryen's are not liked in the North, and who knows how the Northern lords will react. (While Jon has Stark blood in him, it is not Ned's blood. It should not matter but I fear it will. These Northerners knew Ned, they did not know Lyanna and some may blame her for starting Robert's Rebellion.)

Then, I imagine, given Jon's desire to be honest, he will hold a meeting in the great hall with the Northern Lords soon after to reveal the situation. That is gonna be one rowdy meeting. First, the Queen Dany news, then the Jon is a Targaryen news, and finally, the dead are coming news. Maybe he will ask them for a regional truce among the Northerners and Targaryens so they can fight the dead. Somewhere in here Jon may actually say "you have already been led by a Targaryen!"

Or, maybe if the meeting is just Jon, Sam, and Bran, Jon will ask them to keep it quiet until after the NK is defeated because it won't matter if the NK wins. I can actually see this happening, less commotion (to put mildly), and Jon has to be focused on the NK.

Oh this is going to be one big mess no matter how it is handled! And how will Jon take the news that he is having sex with his aunt? Will that be OK with him? It may very well be, but if not, will he tell Dany why he has "gone off" her? As much as I wonder how they will defeat the NK, I am wondering how they will handle this situation!

Dyanna
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:08 am

Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:45 am

It's making me wonder a lot as well. It's really complicated as you say, given all the characters who will be arriving in Winterfell. Imagine how the Northern Lords will react to the sight of Tyrion Lannister in their midst!! :shock:

Also, Bran will have the devastating news that the NK now rides undead Viserion. Dany will be even more upset than she is already and they will all be panicking as to how they are going to fight that weapon.

The writers have an extremely difficult job on their hands with this one.

Meg22
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 am

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:58 pm

He won't like it. He's going to have a massive identity crisis. He's proud that he's Ned Stark's son. Not only will he freak out that he's in love with his aunt, but will also feel guilt that he's entitled to something she's worked so hard to achieve. I think he'll most likely keep the news to himself until there's a situation where he's compelled to reveal it.

User avatar
Dgskdive
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:19 am

Bran will tell him in private. They kept him coming back from the dead a secret and I think they will with this as well. At least at first.

onefromaway
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Meg22 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:58 pm
He won't like it. He's going to have a massive identity crisis. He's proud that he's Ned Stark's son. Not only will he freak out that he's in love with his aunt, but will also feel guilt that he's entitled to something she's worked so hard to achieve. I think he'll most likely keep the news to himself until there's a situation where he's compelled to reveal it.
Interesting, I can see what you are saying, especially the fact Dany has gone through a lot in her pursuit of reclaiming the 7 kingdoms.
Maybe it will be known to some but, like the fact Jon was raised from the dead, it will be somewhat secret, and if Jon is not pursuing it (which I don't think he would) and he supports Dany, then others (those who know) will leave it alone.

User avatar
evenwind
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:22 pm

onefromaway wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 pm
Maybe it will be known to some but, like the fact Jon was raised from the dead, it will be somewhat secret, and if Jon is not pursuing it (which I don't think he would) and he supports Dany, then others (those who know) will leave it alone.
If Jon keeps it more-or-less secret so that it really doesn't affect much, then why was it included in the story at all? It's been a mystery since the character was first introduced 20+ years ago. Is the whole thing just a red herring to screw with the readers/viewers? It's certainly possible - but I think his parentage has to become known and change the story in some important way, whether the character wants to or not.

onefromaway
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:22 pm

evenwind wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:22 pm
onefromaway wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 pm
Maybe it will be known to some but, like the fact Jon was raised from the dead, it will be somewhat secret, and if Jon is not pursuing it (which I don't think he would) and he supports Dany, then others (those who know) will leave it alone.
If Jon keeps it more-or-less secret so that it really doesn't affect much, then why was it included in the story at all? It's been a mystery since the character was first introduced 20+ years ago. Is the whole thing just a red herring to screw with the readers/viewers? It's certainly possible - but I think his parentage has to become known and change the story in some important way, whether the character wants to or not.
I can see your point too. Maybe Jon will try to keep it quiet at least through the fight with the NK, then deal with it. The effort to fight the NK is already complicated enough with the fact Cersei lied about her support and how the Northern Lords will react to Dany. They need to stay focused and united for that ultimate battle. But then, on the other hand, why not throw in another complicating factor? It will add drama and raise the stakes, so I can see them revealing it. I can hear LF's "chaos is a ladder" right now (oh he would love this, so many opportunities) but I also hear Davos' speech about fighting the dead "or it won't matter whose skeleton sits on the Iron Throne."

I don't think it is a red herring and it matters, which is why this is a great question! (So glad you posted it!) And I could believe that D&D laid out the end of S7 knowing it would leave us with this meaty topic to discuss over the long wait!

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests