Director lineup for season 8?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
ghost of winterfell

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:16 am

There has been a new "leak" on r/freefolk, talking about the director lineup for season 8.

"I heard this place was the origin of the Season 7 leaker, I'm here to leak some things too.

Jack Bender was set to direct episode 4, but David and Dan really want David Lynch to direct episode 4 now because there were extremely impressed with the new Twin Peaks. They will have a meeting with Lynch next week. Also don't expect any major leaks this year, David and Dan are locking everything down.

Anyway I won't stay here for long because they caught the Season 7 leaked sometime after he made his second account, but I know stuff about the Season 7 production so ask me stuff."

"Just read the supposed season 8 leaks and they're laughably bad and wrong because I know for a fact that Pilou Asbæk won't be around for the filming of the Miguel Sapochnik episodes (episode 5 and 6).

Also Theon at Winterfell? He left Dragonstone to save Yara.

Anyway I have to go. I want to come back when I have more leaks but I can't risk it. Thank you guys."

"Sorry I know nothing. But I speculate that episode 4 is a mindfuck episode like Season 6 Episode 5."

"Fuck yes Miguel is back. Matt Shakman is not returning though."

"Episode 1 and 2: David Nutter

Episode 3: Alan Taylor

Episode 4: Jack Bender or David Lynch

Episode 5 and 6: Miguel Sapochnik "

"Well see new actors for sure. Nina wants someone famous for a certain role."

These were his comments. It will be easy to find out if he is legit or fake once the director lineup is officially announced.

Flayed Potatoes

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:42 am

True, we'll find out when the line-up is released. I personally can't imagine Lynch directing a GoT episode, knowing he's an arthouse director who creates and writes his own stuff. I can't remember a single project he directed where he didn't have a hand in writing/producing it and where he didn't have full creative control. He's not your run of the mill director.

Those season 8 leaks were obviously fake. Cersei is a far more important villain than Euron. We all know Theon is going after Yara and not North. But GoT fans are so gullible lol.

Nina routinely casts a big name actor for a small role, so nothing new here.

ghost of winterfell

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:33 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:42 am
True, we'll find out when the line-up is released. I personally can't imagine Lynch directing a GoT episode, knowing he's an arthouse director who creates and writes his own stuff. I can't remember a single project he directed where he didn't have a hand in writing/producing it and where he didn't have full creative control. He's not your run of the mill director.

Those season 8 leaks were obviously fake. Cersei is a far more important villain than Euron. We all know Theon is going after Yara and not North. But GoT fans are so gullible lol.

Nina routinely casts a big name actor for a small role, so nothing new here.
I agree. I personally don't see David Lynch agreeing to direct an episode in GOT for the reasons you mentioned. Besides, isn't it too late to be still negotiating with directors? I imagine the directors would have been locked down some time ago. Still, alteast in this case it will be easy to verify the veracity of his claims.

elybe

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:34 pm

Sue debunked this on Twitter earlier today. No David Lynch. She debunked the fake outlines, too, but that should have been obvious to anyone with working brain cells.

RBloodworth

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:26 pm

David Lynch directing an episode of GoT? :lol: Yeah, right. Sure he is. You know, because his last foray into the realm of sci-fi and fantasy worked out SO well for him.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing an episode of Thrones similar to Episode 8 of Twin Peaks: The Return (complete with a nine inch nails cameo) just to see the freak-out from the fanboys. That would be entertaining.

• Information