Con of Thrones

Gendrys Compass
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:41 pm

All those attending, welcome to my city! Nashville is an awesome place.

I won't make it myself due to some family commitments but I'm really interested to see how it comes off.

User avatar
Dee Stark
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:04 pm

Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:16 pm

Gendrys Compass wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:41 pm
All those attending, welcome to my city! Nashville is an awesome place.

I won't make it myself due to some family commitments but I'm really interested to see how it comes off.
Nashville is on my list of cities in the US to go to. My favorite football team are the Tennessee Titans and want to go watch a game live :)

User avatar
Ice Dragon
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:05 pm

Ginevra wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:23 pm
Ice Dragon wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:49 pm
Ginevra I'm looking into it ... I would LOVE to go!! Thanks for keeping me in the loop!! Hi Sue!!
I'm still holding out hope you can make it!
I think it's a no go unfortunately unless something major happens between Saturday and Monday.... BUT I wait and live vicariously through your posts and hopefully pics?? HINT HINT lol Please share when you can!

Dornish Gourmand
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:45 am

Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:13 am

If I still lived in my hometown, Cincinnati, I'd be there in a heartbeat! But alas, I live on the other side of the world now and long vacations aren't easy to come by here...

User avatar
Ginevra
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Anne let me wear the pigtails and had me French braid her hair, but she wouldn't take a pic with me. Khaleesi, however, would take one. She didn't smile, though. I guess those dragons are weighing her down.

Image

Impossible to really see with my phone camera and so far away, but this is the Iwan Rheon interview (woohoo!!!!!!) with Hannah and Zack of Game of Owns.

Steve Love sat right behind us during this interview.

Image

A session with Axey! I'm sorry I didn't get the others, who were so knowledgeable! But water pitchers kept getting in the way.

Image

There was an even better Jon Snow - so realistic - but we adored the Jon and Ghost pair who went everywhere together.

Image

And Bex kept hiding behind another water pitcher, but here are Oz and Vanessa and Ser Hunts.

Image

We had such a good time! I saw Sue a couple of times but haven't been to one of her or Luka's sessions yet. Tomorrow is the livestream podcast for Watchers, which I assume you'll be able to hear. And I have other sessions marked with some Watchers.

All of the sessions have been great. There have been no known spoilers, which is awesome! I hope to stay relatively leak-free but not leek-free for the next couple of months.

There were so many good theories and amazing analyses floating around. I need to take notes so I can remember it and eventually share it all.

User avatar
Jack Bauer 24
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:14 am

Ginevra wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:45 pm
Anne let me wear the pigtails and had me French braid her hair, but she wouldn't take a pic with me. Khaleesi, however, would take one. She didn't smile, though. I guess those dragons are weighing her down.

Image

Impossible to really see with my phone camera and so far away, but this is the Iwan Rheon interview (woohoo!!!!!!) with Hannah and Zack of Game of Owns.

Steve Love sat right behind us during this interview.

Image

A session with Axey! I'm sorry I didn't get the others, who were so knowledgeable! But water pitchers kept getting in the way.

Image

There was an even better Jon Snow - so realistic - but we adored the Jon and Ghost pair who went everywhere together.

Image

And Bex kept hiding behind another water pitcher, but here are Oz and Vanessa and Ser Hunts.

Image

We had such a good time! I saw Sue a couple of times but haven't been to one of her or Luka's sessions yet. Tomorrow is the livestream podcast for Watchers, which I assume you'll be able to hear. And I have other sessions marked with some Watchers.

All of the sessions have been great. There have been no known spoilers, which is awesome! I hope to stay relatively leak-free but not leek-free for the next couple of months.

There were so many good theories and amazing analyses floating around. I need to take notes so I can remember it and eventually share it all.
Thanks for the post. S7 is 2 weeks away so staying leak free won't happen.

User avatar
Ginevra
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:14 am
Thanks for the post. S7 is 2 weeks away so staying leak free won't happen.
Amazingly, only one "theory" I heard the entire conference was obviously from the leaks. I'm sure many were there who knew the leaks, but they were all amazingly mature because they all either kept silent or never swung their "theories" around with the bravado of someone truly spoiled. And that leak was so incredibly minor that I didn't mind in the least. I was surprised myself that I wasn't completely spoiled, but the quality of the fans there I am sure is what made that happen. Everyone was so nice, friendly, and respectful.

My Unsullied friend was spoiled a bit on the books because I said, of course, you can tag along with me. I hadn't remembered that all of the panels I'd chosen for today were bookish.

I'll share some more pics of panelists tomorrow, after some much-needed sleep, but I will say it has been an incredible day! I kept telling Annie Pooh (my eldest) that I had Lovedar because I saw Steve Love like 300 times at the conference. (One of my work friends Christina was there all weekend with us, and I saw her once!) I got brave enough to speak with Steve today, as we were leaving a session.

I got to speak with Hannah of Game of Owns a couple of times.

I exchanged hellos with most of the Watchers (Sue, Oz, Axey, and Vanessa) without introducing myself because all were insanely busy, running from session to session. Oz was late to all of his sessions, but at least he did show up - always with beer in hand. (He didn't actually have one at the 10 AM session, and he more than madeup for his lateness with what he added to the panels, of course.) The one Watcher I did get to have a real conversation with I met in the bathroom, waiting in line to pee, and that was Luka. He was a trapped audience. WTF, you say? The bathrooms were gender neutral all weekend. It took a while for me to get used to peeing with the boys, but by today I could strike up conversations with them.

And then the ultimate highlight of the weekend came as we entered the hotel this morning, when Annie Pooh, not as blessed with the Lovedar as I was, had amazing Dickiedar, it turns out! We got to meet and shake hands with Kate Dickie, who is probably the sweetest person at the entire conference.

User avatar
Jack Bauer 24
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:31 pm

How was the attendance?

User avatar
QueenofThrones
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:43 pm
Location: New York

Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:12 am

Hey Generva! Thank you for the pics and the info about the conference!! You look great! I Would be interested to hear about any controversial topics discussed, interesting audience back and forth, etc.

User avatar
Ginevra
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:38 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:31 pm
How was the attendance?
I really want to hear official numbers because I'm afraid I'm terrible at guessing. I went to an academic conference at the beginning of June with 1000 people in attendance, and I think that this conference far more than doubled that number. So at the very least 2000 were at the opening ceremony. But it could have been as many as 5000 and I wouldn't be surprised. And really, I wouldn't be shocked if it were even more than that but just not way more than that in the Great Hall at any one time. I'm not entirely sure if they had just Delta A with the corridor (where we entered), which has a capacity of around 3600, or if they had the entire Delta, which has a capacity of 7000. I really hate that I can't tell! I think they may have had the entire Delta for the opening ceremony and just Delta A for the rest, but I could be wrong. The room was about 80-90% full for the opening ceremony.

Of course, that wouldn't mark full attendance because a good number may have skipped the ceremony who were present that day, and there were many who were present only for one or two days.

I'm hoping that either Con of Thrones or Watchers will give us official numbers sometime soon. I'm sorry I wasn't more helpful.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests