What would be an interesting prequel?

Chilli

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:23 am

I would love to see Dunk and Egg, but it's already confirmed it's not going to be a prequel right now.
It's the only prequel I would be interested in. And I think it's easier to finish than 'Winds of Winter' and 'A Dream of Spring' because it's only centered around 2 persons. It's a bit like the travel with Arya and The Hound meeting interesting people and having lots of adventures. Since they go all around Westeros they could link it to The Starks, Lannisters, Freys, ... All the families we already know and some of them were still alive at the beginning of 'A Game of Thrones'.
It's a pity because if we have to wait until he has finished 'Winds of Winter' and 'A Dream of Spring', we can wait forever... :-(

I really didn't like the characters in 'The Princess and the Queen' and 'The Rogue Prince'. If they would chose those, I hope they make them more interesting.

evenwind

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:16 pm

I'd like to see a series about the Doom of Valyria. Since nothing is officially known about how it came about, the showrunners would have free range as to politics, battles, eruptions and personalities. They could even have a bit about the cowardly Targaryens heading for parts unknown at the first sign of trouble.

Wimsey

Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 pm

I don't think that any prequel would be interesting, unless that it is set so far back in time and/or so far away that there is really no connection to SoI&F. Otherwise, the plot is already affected by SoI&F's story, and there probably will not be a coherent story to be told. (This was the #1 thing wrong with the Star Wars prequels: they were all plot and no story.)
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

Chilli

Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:22 pm

I was thinking how to make it interesting. If they work with time jumps, then they can make storylines about the big historical events.

Part 1: Doom of Valyria + Aegon's conquest
Part 2: Dance of Dragons leading to the death of (most of) the dragons
Part 3: Dunk & Egg until their death and Rhaear's birth at Summerhall
Part 4: Life of Aerys II + Rhaegar + young Ned leading to Robert's Rebellion and Jon's birth

• Information