Will Mirri Maz Duur's Prophesy Come True?

Lyannabanna

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:24 pm

Dany asked Mirri Maz Duur when Khal Drogo would be "as he was" (instead of a vegetable). The response was "…When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.”

Jason Momoa has been spotted with other cast members. What if Dany bears the living child we all expect and her Sun and Stars suddenly shows up with their son, as in her vision at the House of the Undying?

Chilli

Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:27 pm

I think it somehow will, but not the way she expects is.
I do think the dragons have to die before she becomes mother of a real baby. Only death can pay for life.
I always thought she will die and return to Drogo instead of Drogo being alive again.

confettialready

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Regarding her "prophecy" it could go down a number of ways, and taking into account if the show will even have air time to get into it. Like you said death must pay for life and as Viserion died and then Daenarys and Jon ... I think it's fair to say that the death of her dragon has payed the price for her to have a baby. However, I don't think Khal Drogo will just come back but rather Daenarys dies in child birth (like her mother did and other Targaryens also) and the birth of this child means that Daenarys is reunited with drogo and her other child in death.... just a thought and I hope she doesn't die as also George says to take prophecies lightly.

rmur23

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:39 am

MMD never said anything about Dany's womb on the show.

Wimsey

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:10 am

I will, but it will be (as always) completely ironic.
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

Ice Hunter

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:24 pm

If it does come true, I suspect that it would mean that Dany dies in childbirth and reunites with Drogo in the afterlife as she saw in her vision. The fact that Jason Momoa was seen at a shooting location adds fuel to the speculation fire, but Maggy the Frog's prophecy about Cersei said she would have three children and (so far) Cersei gave birth to four, and Melisandre said that prophesies are tricky, so....

Chilli

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:02 pm

The number of children Cersei has is a mistake the show made. Maybe at the time of filming they didn't know GRRM would add that prophecy. In the books she has 3, just like in the prophecy.
Last edited by Chilli on Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

odvesims

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:47 pm

I think that for this prophecy to come true, Dany had to keep Drogo in his vegetative state. The fact that she killed him and then burnt his body essentially ended the chance of Drogo ever returning to his normal state.

Wimsey

Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Chilli wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:02 pm
The number of children Cersei has is a mistake the show made. Maybe at the time of filming they didn't know GRRM would ad that prophecy. In the books she has 3, just like in the prophecy.
Ah, but if you are a religious whack-job, then the book is wrong, too: Cersei aborted her one fetus that Robert begat on her, and they would count that as a 4th child. Conversely, a lot of societies do not count infants that die as infants when they tally how many children they had.

The point? Simple: different peoples will count this differently.
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

• Information