Season 7 Major Events Predictions

Home of Spoiler-Free Unsullied Discussion!
GeraltOfRivia

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:48 am

QueenofThrones wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:42 am
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:27 am
QueenofThrones wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:37 am

I refuse to believe they won't meet again. REFUSE!!!!!
They'll meet again. Did you forgot Jaime's line from season 5 about dying in the arms of a woman he loves. It sure as heck ain't Mad Queen Cersei. ;)
Agree - Even if Jaime sticks it out in KL I think the scales have been lifted given "the look" @ end of S6.

However, it would be nice (IMO) if he didn't have to die... despite all he's done to deserve it. :p
It would be sad that once he breaks from Cersei's clutches, he might die. But then if he fights along brienne, the Starks, the Targaryens and die like an honorable man and possibly a legend in helping to save the humanity. Pretty poignant and fitting ending for the Kingslayer, a man without honor to die with honor.
Just a guy full of sarcasm, flaws and himself.

Ice Dragon

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:34 pm

Goodness this is complicated.. by the time I figure out how to use this site the season will be over with.. but wow.. this is GREAT.. thanks WOTW.. for a GREAT fan site.. yippee so nice to be back here on the forums.

Wimsey

Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Hmmm, particular events are tough to predict. My prediction is going to be much more general: the story is going to be about choosing one's battles. So, much of the action will involve the major characters trying to convince each other and themselves that one enemy is actually more important than another.

In general, I can see this creating tensions between Jon and his relatives: both his cousins and his aunt are going to deem the Lannisters the biggest threat in town, whereas he is going to be focused on the Walkers.
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

QueenofThrones

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:32 am

Wimsey wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:23 pm
Hmmm, particular events are tough to predict. My prediction is going to be much more general: the story is going to be about choosing one's battles. So, much of the action will involve the major characters trying to convince each other and themselves that one enemy is actually more important than another.

In general, I can see this creating tensions between Jon and his relatives: both his cousins and his aunt are going to deem the Lannisters the biggest threat in town, whereas he is going to be focused on the Walkers.
Welcome to the forum wimsey! I was just thinking "Wimsey should join and add his perspective" and here you are.

I am going to have to get used to calling Sansa / Arya Jons cousins. Who the heck are Jons cousins and aunt I was thinking.

Anyway... in certain ways they are not wrong. Cersei ruling in KL is a destabilizing force in Westeros and really prevents like half of the fighting population in Westeros from joining the "real" battle. Plus I don't imagine she is going to be a particularly effective ruler non militarily which means if anything even more starvation, pillaging, refugees, etc. but I agree that Jon may not see it that way. He's a straightforward guy sometimes - maybe a bit too much for his own good.

Wimsey

Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:44 pm

QueenofThrones wrote:
Welcome to the forum wimsey! I was just thinking "Wimsey should join and add his perspective" and here you are.
Thanks! And I apologize for the sulphurous fumes and the flash of light: um, no idea why that happened.... :twisted:
QueenofThrones wrote:
Anyway... in certain ways they are not wrong.
Also, they have suffered first hand from the Lannisters and their allies. White Walkers are only stories to them. The enemy that hurt you always is more dangerous than the enemy that hurt someone you like.

I like the observation that they are not wrong in certain ways. That's the strength of these stories: doing one thing is not wrong in certain ways, but doing something else is not wrong in other ways. The Starks have enemies to the North and to the South. Sansa & Arya have been scarred by the ones to the south, Jon & Bran by the ones to the north (although Bran also has some Lannister scarring, too: but nothing like the Walker scars!). Neither pair is wrong if they feel that the other pair just "doesn't understand" the danger posed by their personal enemy.
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

Fall of House Stork

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:09 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:48 am

It would be sad that once he breaks from Cersei's clutches, he might die. But then if he fights along brienne, the Starks, the Targaryens and die like an honorable man and possibly a legend in helping to save the humanity. Pretty poignant and fitting ending for the Kingslayer, a man without honor to die with honor.
I don't think Jaime will willingly leave Cersei, not yet. In Season 4 he knew she was " a hateful woman. Why have the gods made me love a hateful woman?", but still he didn't leave her.
I think the only thing stronger than Jaime's cynicism is his toxic relationship with his sister/lover.

Raeslewolhn

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:46 pm

I agree about Jaime, his priorities and reluctance to leave her. I expect either - 1, he sticks to her despite his other feelings and developing honorable sense, no matter what, and swears revenge for her when she is killed in the war against Dany, becoming a sympathetic but no-longer-redeemed enemy to the other main characters. (Which may later turn into alliance when he fails at revenge and the WW come around)
Or 2, he is extremely reluctant in betraying Cersei, but does so in a way that is diagonal to her goals. I don't exactly see him gng north to fight WW's, but something that Tyrion and/or Brienne convince him is right and best for everyone he loves even if Cersei doesn't see it that way.

As for Jon, I think it'll take some drama, but I think he'll accept the two enemies both need to be fought, one way or another. After he has ample convincing from many trusted people, that is. (In some order or simultaneously, some way that he won't be retreating from the WW but supports vanquishing Lannister house.)

Wimsey

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:05 am

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:27 am
They'll meet again. Did you forgot Jaime's line from season 5 about dying in the arms of a woman he loves. It sure as heck ain't Mad Queen Cersei. ;)
Ah, but it was when he said it! Foreshadowings usually are ironic. People say this sort of thing all of the time, and it means: "I want to die surrounded by people that love me." A very ironic twist on this would be having someone who loves you at that time being the one that kills you.

So, I'm still betting on a Londo-G'Kar ending for Jaime & Cersei!
A. P. Chehkov

• Information