Season 7 Likely Deaths

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
brads

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi All,

So glad the forums are back up! Thanks to Sue and Company!

First off, woah, that season 7 2nd trailer was phenomenal. But between that, set photos, theories, and other knowledge, I've started thinking about the possible deaths that could happen this season that maybe aren't official yet (or they are official and I just haven't seen it yet). This list does not include the obvious, less emotional deaths such as Randall Tarly.

My short list includes: Beric Dondarrion (Lightbringer is absent from the circle shot beyond the wall, at least while it's on fire), Thoros of Myr, Littlefinger (possibly at Sansa's order), the Hound or the Mountain (#CLEGANEBOWLLIVES), Davos, and.............Tormund (I will be absolutely crushed if captain redbeard meets his end).

Most of this I'm banking on happening on the mission to capture the wight.

Some may seem obvious, others not. Would love to hear all your potential deaths, and other crackpot theories.

I'm fairly new to the forums, so if this post is stupid/obvious/lacking knowledge, I apologize and will do my best to get better.
May life smile upon you the way Tormund smiles upon Brienne.
-Brad

CLOBIMON

Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm pretty sure Davos is safe. From the sounds of it he doesn't actually go north of the Wall from Eastwatch - and - Liam was one of the 17 cast present for the Dragonpit scene which is supposedly one of the last scenes of the season. The characters filming for that scene I think can be almost confirmed safe for the season...

Tormund would be a (bad) surprise death. I haven't seen any hints that he'll die and I don't think he will, mainly because he's the only face we really have left of the wildlings remaining. That isn't much of a saving grace, but it's probably more than the BwoB guys have other than Sandor.

For a while I really, really thought Grey Worm could be a casualty this season. For some reason I don't feel as strongly about that anymore. Still, there was little exposure of Jacob during filming for what is assumed late season episodes so I'm anxious about him.

Dark Sister

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:22 pm

I'm starting to think Bronn could die this season. Don't remember seeing anything about him being at the Dragonpit meeting (I could be wrong)
I also fear for Tormund, Edd and Davos.

Flayed Potatoes

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:26 pm

^ I think Bronn is at the dragonpit. Pretty sure I saw some concept art with him there on WOTW.

Davos seems safe this season, as he's Jon's only advisor. Not so sure about season 8.

Tormund is the face of the Wildlings, just as Greyworm is the one of the Unsullied. I can't see them dying this season.

Edd worries me as well. I could see him as an early casualty in season 8 or late in episode 7. We also didn't have any information that he might be at the wight hunt, so he might live to see another day.

Sand Snakes are totally marked for death. Finally.

Dark Sister

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:35 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:26 pm
^ I think Bronn is at the dragonpit. Pretty sure I saw some concept art with him there on WOTW.
Oohh I think I somehow missed that.

CLOBIMON

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:14 pm

Here's a link to one of the articles put up during that filming period: http://watchersonthewall.com/seville-day-2/

These were the 17 characters in the area during the Dragonpit filming:
1.Cersei
2. Daenerys
3. Jon Snow
4. Tyrion
5. Jaime
6. Davos
7. Missandei
8. Sandor
9. Theon
10. Brienne
11. Varys
12. Bronn
13. Jorah
14. Euron
15. Qyburn
16. Pod
17. Gregor

HelenCarnate

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Jorah seems well set up for the somewhat cliche "Go on quest for information and/or important mission and deliver it successfully but dies shortly thereafter." I would also totally buy him killing himself after said mission or important info is delivered so that he doesn't lose his mind. Then again, that one seems obvious.
Team Targaryen since 1997 | Twitter: @helencarnatenh

Pousette

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:46 pm

Hehe, I already made my own death list with percentages and all. But to sum it up, I think the really likely ones are Yara, Randyll, probably The Mountain (possibly The Hound as well), Euron, Dolorous Edd, Thoros, Beric, Archmaester Ebrose/Marwyn (since guest actors usually aren't long-lived); and possibly Grey Worm, Melisandre, Davos and Qyburn.

Baelish will probably survive this season as well... somehow, he always does!
So this is how liberty dies - with thunderous applause!

Dark Sister

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:04 pm

CLOBIMON wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:14 pm
Here's a link to one of the articles put up during that filming period: http://watchersonthewall.com/seville-day-2/
Thank you!

Sansa

Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:07 am

I'm 100% certain Littlefinger will die. Now that Bran is back at Winterfell, and most likely Arya too, he has no chance.
The fact that Bran is alive ruins every chance he thought Sansa had to overthrow Jon, and Arya knows he betrayed her family, and I don't think she'll keep this a secret. Jon is also tired of his bullshit, as you can see from the first trailer, lol

Sand Snakes are probably going to die too, D&D are obviously trying to get rid of them as fast as possible. I'm also willing to bet that Yara won't survive. Her death would be important to Theon's character, he was under her care and protection for so long, I think that if she dies, he'll grow as a character and become stronger.

• Information