Introduce yourself

Anything goes!
Chilli

Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:08 am

Hi!

I'm Chilli from Belgium. My native language is Dutch, but I can also speak English, French and German, but writing is sometimes difficult.

I loved the Lord of The Rings movie trilogy. And in march 2013 is saw online a picture of Sean Bean as Ned Stark. I found it strange that Boromir was playing in a tv-show, so I searched for a clip on the internet. That clip happened to be the entire first episode of Game of Thrones. From the very first seconds I was completely hooked and I binge watched the first two seasons in two days. The 3th season started a few weeks later. And when that was finished, I bought all the books. Luckily for me my holiday just started so I could binge read them all. In the beginning it was difficult to read everything in English, but now I'm used to it. And I really hate bad translations.

Favourites
House: Stark
Character: Jon (since season 4, before it was Ned Stark)
Episode: 'The Winds of Winter' and the very first epsiode 'Winter is coming'
Season: 1
Scene: Too many. To name a few: blowing up the sept of Baelor, Jon snow becoming King in the North, The fight between the nightswatch and the wildlings, Ned giving advice to Arya, everything with Maester Aemon, everything with Oberyn, all scenes with Tyrion and Bronn, all scene Arya and the hound, Dany getting her dragons and Dany getting her army of unsullied, everything with Varys, ...

Flayed Potatoes

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:12 am

Hello to all, I'm Flayed Potatoes of ranty comments fame. I have a pretty low tolerance for tinfoil.

My favorite characters list only includes those who are alive as of season 6 episode 10 and it's in alphabetical order because I generally hate ranking stuff. Episodes are organized by airdate.

Favorites

House: Stark
Character(s): Arya, Bran, Cersei, Jaime, Jon Snow (of course)
Episode: Blackwater, Kissed by Fire, The Climb, The Watchers on the Wall
Season: 4
Scene: Littlefinger pushing Lysa out the moon door (because I'm trash), any Jon Snow hype scene (the beheading of Janos Slynt has a special place in my heart though), Cersei blowing up the Sept

jjddss

Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:53 am

Hi, I'm Jeremy. I occasionally crack jokes on the comments section. I'm in Baltimore, MD in the U.S. I was a show watcher first. My sister told me to watch, that she thought I'd like it and she was correct. Thank you, sister!!! And now I'm a bigger fan than she is. I've read the books about 3 times each I guess. Trying to be patient with Mr. Martin and realize how tough it must be to write these tomes...But come on already!!!! Haha. I'm feeling a bit sad that we're nearing the end of the show because I have been consumed by the world for the last 6 years or so. Made me feel like a kid again. Anyway...

Favorite House: Stark
Character: Jon Snow
Episode: Jon half of Hardhome
Season: One I suppose. Jon and Arya. Ned. First season I hadn't read the books before seeing so it was full of surprises.
Scene: Jon, Arya, Nymeria and Needle
Book: Gotta be Storm of Swords

Not Littlefinger

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi, my name is Not Littlefinger. Seriously, it's not. I wish it was, but it isn't. Anyway, I fell in love with the series in Fall 2015 and, in a week or two, will have finished watching it for the third time. I am devastated by the fact that eventually the show will be over and I will have to find something else to do. But, cutting the nonsense:

Favorites:
House: Baelish
Male Character: Lord Petyr Baelish
Female Character: Sansa Stark
Season: 2 or 4
Ship: Sansa and Littlefinger

Perhaps the plot dynamic that I find the most interesting (and often overlooked) is Littlefinger's childhood relationship with Catelyn. While it is never depicted in the show, it is often referenced and causes a larger impact on the plot than most people think. Based on Petyr's account in the episode "You Win or you Die," he fell madly in love with her during his childhood at Riverrun, yet she only returned his affections with friendship. Frustrated, he recklessly challenged her betrothed, Brandon Stark to a duel. He thought he would win because he loved her. After all, that's what happens in all the stories. Yet, as Catelyn had to beg for his life to be spared, his eyes were opened to harsher realities, which he soon embraced and used to his advantage. This "loss of innocence" is also playing out in Sansa: she leaves Winterfell with the prospect of being Queen and a romanticized vision of life at court. When these dreams are shattered, she embarks on a journey of learning how to "play the game," taking after Littlefinger himself. These similar experiences are why I believe the two would make an amazing power couple. Or maybe I'm just being hopeful ;)

Valyrian Vlinder

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:01 am

Hey there, I'm a Scot living in Flanders (Belgium), so a lot of yoyoing back and forth between countries throughout the years. I was first introduced to Game of Thrones thanks to my husband. He had seen the first two episodes after they had aired and kept insisting I had to see it. I eventually gave in, and by the fourth episode I was hooked, and once the first season had finished, I spent the next year reading all of the books. I have friends and family who have avoided the books because they don't want to be spoiled, but before Season 1 was even finished someone had thrown the 'R+L=J' theory at me, and I found the idea so intriguing (and also annoying that they had spoiled something potentially so huge to the story) that I decided to just dive into the books. If I was going to have things spoiled, it'd be by myself via the books. Never regretted it. To this day both my husband and I are avid fans.

Favorites
House: Targaryen & Stark
Character: Daenerys, Jon, Tyrion, Jaime, Davos.
Episode: Can't pick only one, just not happening, so I'll say; "Baelor", "Fire & Blood", "Blackwater", "And Now His Watch Has Ended", "The Rains of Castamere", "Mhysa", "The Laws of Gods and Men", "The Watchers on the Wall", "Hardhome", "The Dance of Dragons", "Book of the Stranger", "The Door", "Battle of the Bastards" & "The Winds of Winter".
Book: A Game of Thrones
Moment: Birth of the Dragons, Baelor, Viserys' 'Crowning', Wildfire 1.0, Any Dracarys moment, Mhysa ending shot, All Jon fighting scenes (gets better every season), Jon facing the cavalry, Tyrion's Trials, The last 'You know nothing, Jon Snow', Dany sails to Westeros, Wildfire 2.0, Burning of the Khals, Arya's Water Dancing Lessons (RIP Syrio...), 'Promise me, Ned', In fact all flashbacks and visions. I'll cut it here, too many things to list and I'll get annoyed at myself if I leave things out, but if I keep going I'll just list every moment that ever happened and defeat the whole purpose.

Nathalie

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:29 pm

My name is Nathalie. I've mostly just been a lurker. I've done some twittering as @NathalieDGC (I think), but I haven't tweeted for a while. I live in Texas, but am from Southern California. I have been married for almost 11 years and have 3 children. I first watched the show when I premiered on HBO in April of 2011. I was taken from the moment Bran got pushed out the window. That summer I read all 5 books in about 2 months. Season 2 had me all pissy as a book reader, which led me to find winter is coming. Out of loyalty to the original creators of that site I followed it to Watchers on the Walls. I'm super excited for this forum because I fucking hate Westeros with the fire of a thousand suns. :lol: anyways...

Favorite House: Stark. I even have a Direwolf decal and the words Winter is Coming on my van's rear windshield.
Character: Book: Arya, Show: Sandor
Episode: And Now His Watch Is Ended
Season: Seasons 3 and 4.
Scene: "What the fuck's a lommy?"
Book: A Storm of Swords

Raeslewolhn

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi all,
Nice to meet you! I like this forum idea. It's cool reading everyone's stories and favs.

I'm Raeslewolhn, living in NY State, US. During the two previous seasons I mostly lurked, and posted some under the same name. My last name has Wolf so it's my real-life sigil! :) (Not to brag...lol)
I rewatch all previous seasons every yr before each new one (which takes longer every time!) This year, since the date was delayed, Im rewatching season 6 again. (So 4 times seeing s6 total :-P).

Favs
House:
Stark
Character: Arya, Dany, Brienne, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Sansa, Sam
Episode: TOUGH! Errrm...I guess the Bran timeworging that confirmed R+L=J, bc of its plot value and my excitement.
Season: 6, bc there's so many timeworging Bran visions! Also, the Starks are home and tons of interesting character development.
Book: I guess #1 bc it's the only one I read. I plan on finishing the books after the show ends too! To fill the giant hole in my life I expect to have!
Scene: Ahhhh SO MANY
1. Dany freeing the Unsullied and them choosing to fight for her. Warms my heart always, I cried the first time. Of course the Dracarys scene before and Mysha after sandwich it nicely, but that's the pinnacle for me.
2. Or Jon Snow's second back to life scene, beginnning of s6e3, bc Harrington did some great acting breathing there. I felt the strangeness in my own breath of being put back into a body that hasn't expanded its lungs for days. It really made the magic visceral for me. No other scene was as effective, even though I love fantasy and scifi. Trippy AF.
3. Hodor, because it gave me SO many different, usually conflicting feelings, and revealed so much of him as a character and the metaphysics of that world in terms of time cycles.

....The first time I watched GoT was August of 2011. I had been traveling, backpacking, mostly without tech, for a few years. I came back to NY and my best friend from childhood, M, told me about GoT. I was hesitant at first but after watching episodes 1 and 2 with her I was hooked! She went home and I stayed up all night binging the first season. I became obsessed and we would talk for hours about the show.

She died the next year having been unable to finish season 2. So GoT has immense emotional value to me, as well as entertainment value. I just love the show myself, but it's also a way to keep her memory alive. I root for her favs even if I don't love them otherwise. So I always give Sansa more BotD than I think I did in S1. After 6 seasons I do actually love Sansa!

What I love about GoT is it's vagueness and grayness in moral coding of the characters; and the complexity of semi-fantasy religions, magic and metaphysics. It does the 1st like no other show. It does the second better than almost every other show out there.

Much luv fellow fans!
Last edited by Raeslewolhn on Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chilli

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:00 am

Raeslewolhn wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:29 pm
....The first time I watched GoT was August of 2011. I had been traveling, backpacking, mostly without tech, for a few years. I came back to NY and my best friend from childhood, M, told me about GoT. I was hesitant at first but after watching episodes 1 and 2 with her I was hooked! She went home and I stayed up all night binging the first season. I became obsessed and we would talk for hours about the show.

She died the next year having been unable to finish season 2. So GoT has immense emotional value to me, as well as entertainment value. I just love the show myself, but it's also a way to keep her memory alive. I root for her favs even if I don't love them otherwise. So I always give Sansa more BotD than I think I did in S1. After 6 seasons I do actually love Sansa!
So sad your childhood friend has died. I can believe this must be very emotional for you! It's a good thing you keep her memory alive. Sending you lots of strength!

Raeslewolhn

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:18 am

Chilli wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:00 am
So sad your childhood friend has died. I can believe this must be very emotional for you! It's a good thing you keep her memory alive. Sending you lots of strength!
Aww thanks Chilli. :/:) I appreciate it. It's been a few years, and for me it's not as bad as it was at first. Just wanted to give her a shoutout, ya know?

Lord Parramandas

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Hello everyone. I think it's a proper time to introduce myself. I'm Erik, known as Lord Parramandas on this site, and I'm from Slovenia. I've been following the TV series since day 1, having read the first two novels a couple months before season 1 aired without any knowledge of the TV series, and the rest of them in months to come. In these days, I would more describe myself as a former book reader though. Game of Thrones has always been one of my top shows, currently "fighting" with two other TV shows for my No.2 show and in general, the seasons progressively became better for me, making me more and more invested into characters and getting more and more special feelings. I have a big respect to everyone involved in this show.

As for Watchers on the Wall, I've been following the site since September 2015, participating in almost entire 2015/2016 off-season and writing my reviews for S6 episodes. I'm less active this year due to being busy on another site and also because I want to avoid spoilers and leaks. Watchers on the Wall is the best GoT site for me in general, where many people feel genuine fans. As you may know, I'm very sensitive to negativity when it comes to my favorite TV shows and GoT is no exception. I always prefer positive approach to it and see absolutely zero point in any negativity. After all, I'm here to like the show... to be its fan.

Like last year, I plan to write reviews this year as well. I may even do some video ones which I will post on my newly-made Youtube channel], which currently contains very little GoT related stuff, but this may change when S7 finally airs.
My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR_LIi ... 2ZcwyBdVGw

A couple more trivia info:

Favorites

House: Stark, Lannister
Character(s): Sansa, Jon, Jaime, Cersei, Davos
Episode: Battle of the Bastards, Winds of Winter, Watchers on the WALL
Season: 6, 4
Scene: Sansa & Jon hug is my absolute favorite scene

• Information