Detailed spoilers for ep 2

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Boudica

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:33 am
ghost of winterfell wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:45 am
Yey you made it here πŸ˜€ So glad!

Melisandre seems confused as hell, but you know some people will go to town with this scene to prove that Jon doesn't matter. Honestly, Melisandre's flip flopping makes her sound ridiculous :lol:

Sam scenes will be so interesting. Hype!

Lords siding with Cersei makes sense. Glad they bring up all the pillaging and raping a Dothraki army can do.

I am glad to see Jon be cautious about the letter. Another leaker who confirmed what this guy said about ep 1 mentioned a LF/Royce scene and Jon saying goodbye to Ghost. Hopefully we will get those too.

Only things I don't like: Nymeria not joining Arya (D&D sure hate the direwolves), Theon being a coward (he was fine with rescuing Sansa last season, so this second instance feels like the writers are putting plot over character again), Littlefinger telling Jon he has the hots for Sansa (out of character). Is the show going to mention that Ellaria killed Myrcella though?
I think there are some Jon scenes missing here, some of the pictures that was released was from episode 2, wasn't it? He is suppose to leave Winterfell in episode 2.

Boudica

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:49 am
Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:24 am

The thing is, it really doesn't make sense for Mel to call Jon "ice" when she thinks that he could be the champion of the Lord of Light. Ice is something they associate with the Great Other, so why call Jon "ice"?
Melly is drunk :lol:

Maybe it's for romantic purposes/shipping or something silly like that. It is pretty silly to call Jon ice when he is fighting against it and it is obvious imo that: NK/whitewalkers/wights = ice and Dany/dragons = fire.

Or they are saving some special reveal for season 8? Seems premature to give everything away this soon in the story. The war hasn't exactly started.
Mel is nothing but a second grade priestesses at this stage, how on earth did she ever believe that Stannis was the saviour. That in itself proofs something about her. I guess we are suppose to think that the Lord of Light only used Stannis to get to Jon.

I must be one the only Jon fans who really doesn't care for him to be this saviour. He is already the only person who is concerned with saving the realm, I don't think he needs more then that.

I think it would be interesting if Dany and Jon switched roles in the end. Dany comes to Westeros to conquer the Seven Kingdoms with fire and blood. But she ends up saving Westeros with her dragons instead of becoming the Queen. Jon has always worked for the realm and towards uniting and saving Westeros but in the end he only end ups ruling Westeros. Jon always wanted to be the hero, and Dany wanted to be a Queen, it would be interesting if their roles were switched.

Boudica

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:42 pm

All of the cast members and everyone said that this season would move so quickly, to me it still sounds as if it is moving rather slowly. I guess they quickly have their first battle, but everything else sounds slow.

It is also interesting to note that more details from lads2 are not entirely correct.

Flayed Potatoes

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Boudica wrote: ↑

Mel is nothing but a second grade priestesses at this stage, how on earth did she ever believe that Stannis was the saviour. That in itself proofs something about her. I guess we are suppose to think that the Lord of Light only used Stannis to get to Jon.

I must be one the only Jon fans who really doesn't care for him to be this saviour. He is already the only person who is concerned with saving the realm, I don't think he needs more then that.

I think it would be interesting if Dany and Jon switched roles in the end. Dany comes to Westeros to conquer the Seven Kingdoms with fire and blood. But she ends up saving Westeros with her dragons instead of becoming the Queen. Jon has always worked for the realm and towards uniting and saving Westeros but in the end he only end up ruling Westeros. Jon always wanted to be hero, and Dany wanted to be a Queen, it would be interesting if their roles were switched.
Oh definitely. Jon doesn't need a prophecy to tell him to save Westeros when he's trying to do that himself because he cares about people. He was set on fighting the big bad before Melly even came into the picture and doesn't need her to set him straight.

For me I wish people wouldn't ignore the fact that he is both Stark and Targ. I see many fans who tend to ignore one side of his family in favor of the other. They're both important and a source of struggle for Jon.

I think Dany will realize that ultimately the purpose of the dragons is not to win a throne, but to save the kingdom. The Targs have relied on dragons too much instead of working on building strong institutions and developing a solid policy.

To answer your other comment: I think we're supposed to get more scenes. Jon has to leave in episode 2 according to the leaks because Bran will arrive in ep 3. The new leaker (Gotit111 or something) didn't seem to remember all the scenes in Winterfell and some of them seem pretty short based on the description, so I'm not surprised he forgot to mention some things.

Lads2 and 1 also seemed to get some details wrong and didn't exactly give some context to what was going on. Scenes were obviously switched around in post production and lines were changed. Lads 1 probably had a rough-ish draft of the final script. Lads 2 said Edmure would appear on the show, and so far nothing.
Last edited by Flayed Potatoes on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flayed Potatoes

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:42 pm
All of the cast members and everyone said that this season would move so quickly, to me it still sounds as if it is moving rather slowly. I guess they quickly have their first battle, but everything else sounds slow.

It is also interesting to note that more details from lads2 are not entirely correct.
Yeah I feel like some characters are spinning in circles until it's time for a big action scene. :lol: Like how slowly the drama in KL unfolded last season because we had to wait for the Sept explosion in the season finale for maximum impact. :lol:

ghost of winterfell

Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:45 am
I think there are some Jon scenes missing here, some of the pictures that was released was from episode 2, wasn't it? He is suppose to leave Winterfell in episode 2.
Yeah, we saw the photo of Jon and Davos on horses, and he looks at someone (probably Sansa) before riding away. So this is at least one scene missing from the summary. Hopefully the Royce/LF scene is another.

Lads 2 said Edmure would appear on the show, and so far nothing.
If Edmure hasn't appeared by episode 2, it's more likely that he won't appear at all this season. Why would he, once Arya leaves the RL? I would be so glad to see Lads 2 wrong about things lol. His leaks/ interpretations were the worst.

JennyT

Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Lads2 didn't say Edmure would appear.He said he doesn't in his scripts but he might if they remember he exists lol.But yeah some things have been changed but I think that's only normal during filming and post production.

Boudica

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Yeah, we saw the photo of Jon and Davos on horses, and he looks at someone (probably Sansa) before riding away. So this is at least one scene missing from the summary. Hopefully the Royce/LF scene is another.

Lads 2 said Edmure would appear on the show, and so far nothing.
If Edmure hasn't appeared by episode 2, it's more likely that he won't appear at all this season. Why would he, once Arya leaves the RL? I would be so glad to see Lads 2 wrong about things lol. His leaks/ interpretations were the worst.
He also said there wouldn't be a wolfpack and now there is one. He said Nymeria would be alone.

Boudica

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm

He has now posted more details:

- i forgot a scene with Cersei and Qyburn. The two of them go into the basement of Kings Landing where the skulls of all the dragons are being housed. Cersei mentions shes never actually been down here but Rob would come sometimes to drink and admire them. Sometimes hed bring his whores too.
Anyways Qyburn gives her a crash course on the dragons and which one is which. He shows her the big one cant remember the dragons name but it was the one Aegon used the most and essentially conquered Westeros with.
He brings up the rumors that Danys dragon was injured in the fighting pits with spears. "If it can be wounded it can be killed."
He shows her this giant crossbow device and demonstrates it on the skull of Aegons dragon. Shoots it, goes through the dragons skull. end of scene

- Yes after the scene with Littlefinger he leaves on horse, glances at Sansa and heads out. Pretty quick scene not much else to it. Littlefinger is there as well looking on as Jon leaves.

- Tyrion actually mentions this in the opening scene when they are talking about strategy. Elleria is on the side of massive attack. I think she says something along the lines of theres no such thing as a good lanister. Tyrion says something like "Yes we know how in Dorne how you guys handle your problems, like poisoning innocent girls." Dany tels them both to shut it.

- Honestly? Im getting the vibe that this whole season is gonna be one long stretched out setup for the all out epic wars of season 8. Because this is a shortened season and theyve been careful not to cram too much story into one episode and mess with the pacing thats the vibe im getting. I could be way off of course but thats the impression im getting.

- Honestly the CGI was a little rough in this scene. Just because you can tell Arya is superimposed over the pack of wolves. Was very distracting.

- So the Sea Batlle id reckon is maybe 5-7 minutes in length. It starts with Yara, Elarria and Theon in the dock/pit/drinking quarters or whatever. Yara and Elarria are flirting and about to bone, Theons like jesus christ man im gonna get another drink. This is when we see Eurons boat coming to ram theres which it does. This giant thing bridge thing comes crashing down on the hall and Euron is on top of it with these two spear/axe things. Battle ensues, not the best one ive seen in the show but its good. People die, lol not sure what else to say about that. Fight choreography between Euron and the Sandsnakes is decent but far from the best. So much is going on at the time it was hard to focus on details becasue you have explosions and fire everywhere and constantly cutting from character to character whether its Yara, Theon, Sandsnakes and Euron or Elleria still in the pit thing.

- This is actually a sad scene because Yara looks on and knows hes gonna pussy out. Single tear goes down her cheek and then he jumps. Euron calls him a cockless bastard and laughs.

- He kills one of the Red Vipers with two weapons one on each hand. Pierces it through her stomach area and lifts her up. Its intense. Maybe he showed up with an axe and changed weapons halfway? Hard to remember because alot happens in that short time. Lots of quick cuts

- she gets strangled by her own whip. He hangs her off the front of the boat. Honestly werent they suppose to be badass warriors that fuck shit up? Kus Euron absolutely owns them.

- really enjoyed his scene with Cersei in the first episode. If your a fan you will dig it I think mostly kus he just dgaf. Hes cocky but smart. Knows actions speak louder than words and has no time for chit chat. He is deff a monster in the second episode. Goes full beast mode.

- So Sam brings up Shireen in the first scene with Jorah and the other Maester. Essentially Sam says Shireen was cured so how come not Mormont. He asks sam if he is knowledgable in the spreading rates of Greyscale between in infant child and full grown man. Sam obviously doesnt. The Maester explains that the two situations are very different and Shireens was caught early enough as to stop it from spreading. Jorah is too old and the greyscale is too far formed for anything to be done. 10 years before it kills him around 6 months before he loses his mind.

I get the idea that this person really doesn't care for the Winterfell stuff, or perhaps it is really boring. :? :lol:

Flayed Potatoes

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm

I get the idea that this person really doesn't care for the Winterfell stuff, or perhaps it is really boring. :? :lol:
When Jon left Winterfell, he took the budget and the plot :lol:

• Information