In Depth Spoilers - First Episode

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
GeekFurious

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:58 pm

I'm most excited about the scene between Arya and the Lannister soldiers. I like the idea of showing how some serving Cersei likely would do anything else if the opportunity was presented to them.

Flayed Potatoes

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Thoughts on the episode? Leaks and leaked pages seem confirmed.

Icewalker

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:19 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
I think it was well made overall. Only complaints I have:

1. The friction between Sansa and Jon is so artificial. So, they invited Ned Umber and Alys Karstark to Winterfell but they had to do all the discussion in front of everyone?
2. Sam is supposed to be this all-smart guy and he never once tells anyone about obsidian at Dragonstone. When an army of the DEAD led by Whitewalkers are marching towards them. Seriously?
3. Also, Euron is annoying. I don't know if it's the actor or character or the plot(1000 ships? Where did he get the manpower?). Hope his storyline gets better.

What I loved:

1. The Frey Party. Enough said.
2. Arya with Lannister soldiers. It was such a relief that they showed the human side of the soldiers probably for the first time. Ed Sheeran looked out of place but the other guys made up for it.
3. The friction between Jaime and Cersei. You can sense that it's there but they are also working together as much as they can.
4. Brotherhood without Banners.
5. Wight giants and the rest.

Meh:

1. Dragonstone looked so epic. The atmosphere was cool and the setting was just marvelous. Until, Dany says, "Shall we begin?" Kinda killed the tone but it was still a good ending for the premiere.
2. "Extended" scene of Sam's chores. Reminds of the House of Black & White.
3. North. Particularly Lady Mormont & Lord Glover.

Raeslewolhn

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Looks like this was the MOST legitimate leak. Others have B's like Ed Sheeran in a tavern

Stark Wolf

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Yeah, the guy at Reddit Free Folk is legit. When I read his Episode 1 leak I questioned several scenes validity, but he was 100% correct, not one miss. I'm guessing his Episode 2 leak is also legit. Don't know if he can continue to see each episode ahead right to the end of this season, but he has somehow managed to see the first 2 episodes. :o

• Information