Detailed spoilers for ep 2

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Stark Wolf

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:14 am

I have to ask myself, why even bother with Arya/ Nymeria meeting if they seperate never to see each other again?? So, I'm hoping they bothered to shoot the scene because Nymeria and her pack will play a part later in the season or next season on the war front. As someone said D&D have never shown any interest or love of the Direwolves.

The episode 1 leak was spot on, so no reason to believe the second is any different.

In my opinion the first episode was one of the best first episodes in the series, I'm usually feeling the first episode was very slow setting up from past to present to future. This first episode had some good meat along with the set-up. Hyped for the second! I

RBloodworth

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:19 pm

I could be wrong, but I read that entire scene as an extended metaphor for how much Arya has changed since we first met her (the direwolves themselves were always metaphors for each of the Stark children that were paired with them). Nymeria has grown into a terrifying, lethal beast on her own in the wild...and so has Arya. The two of them choosing to go on their separate paths represents the final severance between Arya and the romantic, childish notions of the world that she used to have ("That's not me anymore").

imagotbluray

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Whats involved in the royce/LF scene ? i missed that.

Boudica

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 pm

I have to say I so very grateful that Jon will leave Winterfell. I thought everything went okay in the first episode obviously I was wrong because as soon as entered the forums and websites all of the Sansa and Jon fights started to emerge. I am so tired of it.

Every single scene with Jon now has Sansa, and it has to be some kind of competition between them, why? I want to see Jon without Sansa, D&D have made me fed up of having two Starks together. Other than the Battle of the Bastards Jon's last scene without Sansa was properly his resurrection. I would rather see him training in the yard with Tormund or talking with Davos or anything.

How fantastic that he is finally leaving her side! Poor Arya now she will suffer for the rest of the season.

Boudica

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:38 pm

imagotbluray wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Whats involved in the royce/LF scene ? i missed that.
It comes from another spoiler:

Littlefinger tries to convince Royce to betray Jon and support Sansa but Royce tells him to fuck off.

We'll see if it happens.

Flayed Potatoes

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:45 pm

Boudica wrote:
I have to say I so very grateful that Jon will leave Winterfell. I thought everything went okay in the first episode obviously I was wrong because as soon as entered the forums and websites all of the Sansa and Jon fights started to emerge. I am so tired of it.

Every single scene with Jon now has Sansa, and it has to be some kind of competition between them, why? I want to see Jon without Sansa, D&D have made me fed up of having two Starks together. Other than the Battle of the Bastards Jon's last scene without Sansa was properly his resurrection. I would rather see him training in the yard with Tormund or talking with Davos or anything.

How fantastic that he is finally leaving her side! Poor Arya now she will suffer for the rest of the season.
I thought he handled himself very well, but of course people have to complain because he's not listening to the great Sansa. Tumblr was also a mess about this naturally. He doesn't punish innocents and then Sansa compares him to Joffrey like wtf :lol: :lol:

And yes I'm looking forward to a scene without her, though I worry about D&D's writing for Jon.

Poor Arya AND poor Bran tbh. :(

Boudica

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:45 pm
Boudica wrote:

I thought he handled himself very well, but of course people have to complain because he's not listening to the great Sansa. Tumblr was also a mess about this naturally. He doesn't punish innocents and then Sansa compares him to Joffrey like wtf :lol: :lol:

And yes I'm looking forward to a scene without her, though I worry about D&D's writing for Jon.

Poor Arya AND poor Bran tbh. :(
I am not on tumblr but youtube was bad enough. Even the comment section here was bad. I think Bran will try to distance himself and warg into whatever he finds. But Arya and Sansa will be at complete odds I am guessing. But I have to agree I am also worried about the writing for Jon this season.

elybe

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:13 pm

I actually find that the comments haven’t been as bad as I was expecting. Most people seem to feel that Jon was right and Sansa was out of line, with the exception of a certain vocal contingent of the Sansa Stanbase who were going to side with her literally no matter what she said or did. I do wonder how they’ll try to justify pulling out the sexism card when Arya’s the one calling her out, though. It’s embarrassing enough watching them try to pin that on Jon in the same episode where he insisted that all women and girls be trained to fight for the North. Yeah, Jon can’t get away from Winterfell soon enough, but he surprisingly came off really well in the premiere. I’m not too worried about the rest of the season, because every trailer and promo has drilled the point home that he’s correct in his priorities, and we know that everything he does this season is for the survival of the realm. We were shown three wight giants marching in the army of the dead minutes before the Winterfell scenes. Anyone who thinks that Jon’s “dumb” for focusing on the Night King over Cersei has officially lost touch with reality.

Flayed Potatoes

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:40 am

elybe wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:13 pm
I actually find that the comments haven’t been as bad as I was expecting. Most people seem to feel that Jon was right and Sansa was out of line, with the exception of a certain vocal contingent of the Sansa Stanbase who were going to side with her literally no matter what she said or did. I do wonder how they’ll try to justify pulling out the sexism card when Arya’s the one calling her out, though. It’s embarrassing enough watching them try to pin that on Jon in the same episode where he insisted that all women and girls be trained to fight for the North. Yeah, Jon can’t get away from Winterfell soon enough, but he surprisingly came off really well in the premiere. I’m not too worried about the rest of the season, because every trailer and promo has drilled the point home that he’s correct in his priorities, and we know that everything he does this season is for the survival of the realm. We were shown three wight giants marching in the army of the dead minutes before the Winterfell scenes. Anyone who thinks that Jon’s “dumb” for focusing on the Night King over Cersei has officially lost touch with reality.
They'll say Arya has internalized sexism, of course. I wonder if they'll continue to call Jon sexist when he leaves Sansa in charge of Winterfell next episode? :lol: :lol:

elybe

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:24 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:40 am
They'll say Arya has internalized sexism, of course. I wonder if they'll continue to call Jon sexist when he leaves Sansa in charge of Winterfell next episode? :lol: :lol:
Oh, I'm thinking they'll just swing back over to "naive" and "stupid." Despite the fact that Jon and Sansa both know Tyrion well enough to know he's likely not looking to fuck over the Starks, and that Jon has an opportunity to both mine shitloads of dragonglass AND forge an alliance with the most powerful individual in the seven kingdoms, they'll argue that he should just stay put in Winterfell because he "doesn't get the south," despite the fact that NONE of these characters have ever interacted with Dany and her band of "foreigners," but at least Jon actually knows what it's like to adapt to a different culture and turn "outsiders" into allies.

You might want to prepare yourself for some of them to fall back on the increasingly popular last ditch attempt to resolve the discomfort of knowing that Sansa is unambiguously wrong about something and getting pwned by another character: She secretly manipulated everyone and planned the whole thing. Because yes, I actually saw a couple of people suggest that she argued with Jon on purpose in front of the other lords and ladies so that he could demonstrate his leadership skills and look good, knowing all along what the outcome would be. So watch a couple of people try to claim that she used reverse psychology on Jon to get him to go south, knowing that he would leave her in charge.

• Information