Translated Episode 6 spoilers of frikidoctor

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Boudica

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:08 pm

ghost of winterfell wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:02 am
Any thoughts?

Winterfell plot seems pretty lame.

D&D seem to want to ensure that nobody blames Dany for taking her dragons beyond the Wall. The only reason she does that is because Jon makes Gendry send a raven to her. Jon will be blamed for everyyything....

Of course, for all the people who were hoping that Jon would ride a dragon one day, they get to see him fall off a dragon..

I just can't be optimistic anymore lol.
I agree.
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:29 am
Winterfell plot is stupid and a waste of time. Dany's conquest is also a waste of time because she doesn't accomplish anything. :lol: But of course they can't have people blame Dany for everything, so they'll just dumb down Tyrion and throw him under the bus. The hilarious thing is that she was actually one of my favorite characters at the beginning, but the more D&D prop her at the expense of other characters and act like she can do no wrong, the more they make me feel annoyed with her. :lol:

D&D hate Jon. What else is new?

Of course he won't ride a dragon. Can't take that uniqueness away from Dany. No dragon, no warging, no bond with Ghost, no relationship with Arya, no acknowledgement that he is both ice and fire (though here they could just be waiting for the Targ reveal, but I'm not holding my breath). Really what is, in their eyes, Jon's purpose/endgame on the show? Wight fodder? :roll:

Of course he has to pledge naked because Jon hasn't been humiliated enough on this show. "Thank you Dany" sounds like fanfic dialogue. :roll: Why even make Jon king if they're just going to take that away from him almost immediately?

D&D are going to act like the Tarlys betray the Tyrells even though they're dead (Olenna isn't their liege) to justify Dany's actions in episode 4 or 5. When they are actually loyal to the crown and Dany isn't queen of anything in Westeros. :lol:

I'm sure the special effects will be great, but the writing on the episode will have the depth of a puddle.

Someone please convince me there is reason to be optimistic about Jon's endgame/purpose or his portrayal on the show lol.

Sorry for the rant :lol:

The more I see from the leaks, the less optimistic I become. The character assassination already started last season, Jon's character is undermined at every single turn. They are really going out of their way to bring him down this season.

It is funny how every single declaration he makes is always opposed vocally before a crowd, while nothing Cersei or Dany says is every opposed so vocally. I bet nothing that Sansa says will be opposed.

I am really starting to wish that Jon had just remained in the Nights Watch. Or better yet he should just have left for the Summer Ilse and left Westeros to its fate, that could actually have been a good eneding for his character.

At this stage Sam and the Hound are getting better character development than Jon. I don't even understand why they will go through all of the Citadel shit only for Sam to figure out Jon's true heritage. What will his heritage matter when the character is destroyed?

The plot in Winterfell is also lame, Littlefinger could have been killed ages ago. And I think they will also be screwing around with Arya's character this season as well. It has already become unexplainable how she could just change into Walder Frey. Littlefinger tricks her with that letter from Sansa, yet Arya has learned to detect lies from the faceless men. If they wanted to use some type of letter, why not that decree that makes Littlefinger the Warden of the North, from Cersei? That is straight up treason. At the end of the season Arya will go all fangirl around Sansa. :lol:

Cersei is suppose to be the mad Queen but she is winning at every turn. Last year they really set up the idea that Ramsay would fall because of his own mistakes and personality, in the end he failed because the whole army of the Vale was somehow able to teleport right through Moat Cailin.

The whole Dragonpit sequence sounds extremely useless, it sounds like they only wanted to get all of the characters together without doing much anything. It doesn't sound as if this scene is vital to the story ahead, yet it will be in the finale. Why would they even meet in the dragonpits? Why not just outside of Kings Landing on a open field or something, it doesn't make much sense.

But we'll see I think D&D might not realize that the Jon and Dany relationship will not be popular everywhere, there might be a bit of a backlash.

As things stands right now there is really nothing exciting to look forward to for season 8, we already know that the White Walkers will be defeated so there are less and less to care about as they keep on butchering characters make way for others. The White Walkers will look like a joke, it will take 2 or 3 episodes to defeat them after being such a massive threat throughout the series. They should have made the Wall come down in episode 2 of this season, and let the White Walkers at least slowly invade into Westeros.

Boudica

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:57 am
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:56 am
elybe wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:31 am

What do you think is Beric's purpose?

Lads never mentioned any Jon/Beric conversations. We'll have to wait and see if we get some resurrection talk.

Will anyone console Jon over losing yet another family member, or is Viserion the only focus? There is no mention of this. This is the second Stark Jon sees die.

D&D didn't do much with his resurrection, so I have my reservations that they will give his parentage the time it deserves tbh :(
Ever since I read the leaks, I had wondered if Beric would teach Jon how to do the flaming sword thingy. If Jon is meant to wield any flaming sword, this would seem like a right opportunity to introduce it. It doesn't look like it is happening this season at least though. It's hard to imagine how Beric can have any importance in the end game, considering he is dead in the books.

I think the Beric/Jon convo about the reason for their resurrection will be the only talk about this matter. It doesn't look like Jon says anything to Team Dany (Lads had said that Jon himself stops Davos from saying anything about this) which is odd considering that no one wonders why he presumably deserted the NW.

I doubt anyone's gonna console Jon over the death of Benjen lol.
They should have kept Jon in the Nights Watch if their only plan was to undermine him in every direction. I am not sure Jon would be able to create a fire sword, it is not certain that his resurrection is the same as Beric's resurrection.

Flayed Potatoes

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Boudica wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:48 am

The whole Dragonpit sequence sounds extremely useless, it sounds like they only wanted to get all of the characters together without doing much anything. It doesn't sound as if this scene is vital to the story ahead, yet it will be in the finale. Why would they even meet in the dragonpits? Why not just outside of Kings Landing on a open field or something, it doesn't make much sense.
I think this is what they want. They want shocking reunions, mindless battles and yaaas queen moments for their favorite pets, so they're willing to throw other characters under the bus to achieve it. They don't have a problem undermining the likes of Jon, Arya, Bran and even Jaime as we've seen.

elybe

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:28 pm

Boudica wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:08 pm
It is good to have someone that still has a bit of optimism for the story! You might be right things might be different once we see them, I guess it just frustrating because we are moving closer to these events.
I'm just excited to see these things play out, and while I know better than to ever be optimistic about D&D's writing, there really is only so much they can deviate from GRRM's outline now that we're approaching the endgame. Plus, say what you will about their opinion on Jon, but they are absolute Kit stans. They go on and on about what a mensch he is, compare him to a young Brando or James Dean, talk about how underrated he is, how rare it is to find someone who has both the image AND the acting chops, etc. It really says A LOT that they've given him WotW, Hardhome, BotB, and now this.

I recall you mentioning in your previous post that nobody is going to question Dany or Sansa's decisions this season, but come on, you've read the leaks and know that's not true at all. Tyrion and Varys will question Dany constantly, and even wonder if she's gone off the deep end after the ambush. Tyrion will plead with her not to go north, and she'll ignore him. Sansa has already been questioned numerous times by Brienne and Davos, was shut down by Jon in the premiere, and will be questioned by Arya during the second half of the season. Jon is far from the only character whose decisions are being questioned, but at least the viewers have the benefit of knowing that he's right. Does it really matter what a couple dozen haters online think?

ghost of winterfell

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:04 pm

Boudica wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:23 pm
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:57 am
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:56 am

They should have kept Jon in the Nights Watch if their only plan was to undermine him in every direction. I am not sure Jon would be able to create a fire sword, it is not certain that his resurrection is the same as Beric's resurrection.
Yeah I am not sure he will create a fire sword either. But he has been connected to a prophecy which specifically mentions the concerned person wielding a flaming sword. So unless he is a red herring, it would seem that he should do something like that sooner or later, since anything dragon related doesn't seem all that likely?

Flayed Potatoes

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Yeah I am not sure he will create a fire sword either. But he has been connected to a prophecy which specifically mentions the concerned person wielding a flaming sword. So unless he is a red herring, it would seem that he should do something like that sooner or later, since anything dragon related doesn't seem all that likely?
I think Jon's fire sword is Longclaw.

ghost of winterfell

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:24 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:13 pm

I think Jon's fire sword is Longclaw.
Do you mean he will light Longclaw on fire or that "flaming sword" basically refers to a VS sword?

elybe

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:26 pm

I agree that Longclaw will probably be Jon's fire sword. That gun has been hung on the wall pretty conspicuously with Beric and Thoros. However, I'm not sure why we're ruling out dragon-riding on the sole basis that it doesn't happen in episode 6 in particular. Would you want Jon's first time riding a dragon to be an airlift rescue, heaped on with a bunch of other people? Another gun hung on the wall this season is that Dany has Drogon, the Night King has Viserion, and then there's Rhaegal all by his lonesome. Two living dragons, two living Targaryens. Why would we expect Jon to claim Rhaegal before he even knows his parentage? Wouldn't that seem just a touch odd to anyone?

Pigeon

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:31 pm

I was hoping Jorah would get Heartsbane, as that would give him an advantage against the WW. I'm glad that Jon offers him Longclaw, and glad he refuses it.

So...Thoros dies essentially so that now Beric (or anyone I suppose) can no longer be brought back, I'm thinking. I have to say that I'm happy with the focus on these characters whom I thought might be kind of left in the dust. I love Benjen, it's a shame that he's a goner but he truly isn't alive anymore in a way anyway. Joseph Mawle is awesome.

If Sansa really does find Arya's bag o' faces, I will laugh my ass off and screenshot her expression for eternity. Not pleased that they're setting up Arya just to be her minion to kill LF. Not surprised, just ffs already. Arya has perfectly good reason to off him on her own, of course, but it'll be shown as Sansa being super brilliant genius politician blah blah and others doing the dirty work, as per usual.

The NK must really have an impeccable arm to bring down Viserion on his own.

Boudica

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:25 pm
Boudica wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:48 am

I think this is what they want. They want shocking reunions, mindless battles and yaaas queen moments for their favorite pets, so they're willing to throw other characters under the bus to achieve it. They don't have a problem undermining the likes of Jon, Arya, Bran and even Jaime as we've seen.
Yes, we can add Tyrion to that list as well his character is completely changed, he is a shell of himself.

They are looking for moments that gets the critical press or certain audiences talking, instead of creating moments though good narrative. The story is almost over, I don't think they care at this stage. But they should actually be careful, a bad ending can ruin a whole story.

• Information