Political marriage?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Chilli

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:23 am

I think a political marriage between Jon and Dany wouldn't be bad. And Davos thinks the same, that's why he asked Jon what he thinks about her. And maybe in episode 6 en 7 Tyrion will ask the same to Dany.
Jon isn't interested in ruling, he only wants to defeat the Night King and the white walkers.
The only problem I see if is revealed that Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. If they are married, he has a better claim than Dany. Not that Jon would care about that. But Tyrion, Varys, Davos, the northerners, ... will prefer Jon over Dany. And she won't like that since she's believed so long she was born to rule the seven kingdoms.

trarecar

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:37 am

Spoilers say that Rhaeger had his marriage annulled and married Lyanna, so Jon is the legitimate heir. Jon does not find out this season, though.

Who knows what Jon will think after the White Walkers are defeated and the war is over? He doesn't want to be king now, but after all is said and done, he might not believe that others are worthy of keeping the peace. He may want to be king by then.

I agree that Dany will not take the news of Jon's heritage well. But I don't think she will live in the end.

• Information