Introduce yourself

Anything goes!
Cathairys

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:15 pm

Let's get to know the fandom a bit more! You maybe know each other already, but I mainly just looked at the articles on the main site and left, so yeah.

My name is Catháir, it's an Irish name and the T is silent. I'm from Northern Ireland, as close as Westeros as many could be. Have drove past Winterfell on a few occasions. If any of you are on Twitter, I am @cathair96.

Favourites
House: Stark
Character: Arya (pre-HoBaW), Jon
Episode: The Winds of Winter
Season: 6
Scene: The Red Wedding

Pretty much mainstream answers, I guess. The Red Wedding is forever locked in my brain after I binge watched Season 3 in the one day for the first time and saw the Red Wedding at 1am and struggled to sleep that night.

HelenCarnate

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Howdy! I'm Helen (though I used to post on WiC & WotW as Anguissette1979). I'm from New Hampshire (about an hour northwest of Boston) in the U.S. I've been reading the ASOIAF books since I was a junior in high school which was... well... 20 years ago this year. I'm sitting on my (well read) first edition, first printing signed copy of AGoT until the show is over :-P

Favorites
House: Targaryen (from Day One)
Character: Daenerys
Episode: They're like my children... I love them all in their own ways
Book: A Storm of Swords
Moment: S3E04 - When Dany "buys" her Unsullied. BAMF.

I love the books for what they are and I love the show for what it is. I appreciate them both in different ways. I am so SO SO thankful that this series ended up in the hands of people who had the will, stamina, and intestinal fortitude to do this story justice. It's set a high bar for all other series to come (I'm looking at you, Sony-backed "Wheel of Time" project). I'm also thankful to be connected to fan sites with leaders who have equal dedication to the story.
Team Targaryen since 1997 | Twitter: @helencarnatenh

The Wolves of Winter

Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Well hello there. I am Koen and I am from the Netherlands. Since I watched the first episode on april 18th 2011 I never looked back and have been obsessed ever since. I have only read the first book, because I didn't want to read further till all the books were out so I could buy them all at once as a set. But apparently that is taking forever. Sweet Summer Child me.

Favorites
Character: Bran (but pretty much all, because of what they bring to the story)
Book: Apparently A Game of Thrones
Moment: Jon and Sansa hugging. I don't care what happens in season 7 they can never take that away from me!

QueenofThrones

Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi I currently post as QueenofThrones on wotw and I used to post over at worg under another name until it became a den 'o trolls after the first couple show seasons... Anyway! I named my dog after Dany after reading the first 3 books - given she is now 12 years old that means I've been a fan for a really long time lol.

A couple odd things about me - I personally think that the show will tell us where the books are going in terms of overall sketches. I really love the show and it has made me apprciate certain characters that I didn't like as well in the books, like Jon and Theon. I love the first 3 books but as far as I am concerned I'm fine if no more are written... Also I am a Tyrion is Aerys' son by rape truther. I really want Tyrion & Dany to be able to be family to each other! They both need it so much!!

Favourites
House: Targaryen
Character: Jaime & Dany (tie)
Episode: A Golden Crown & The Winds of Winter (tie)
Season: 1
Scene: Going to concur with Helen and give it to "Dracarys" as well as the setup for it! By far my fave scene from the books and they did a great job adapting it.
Ship: Brienne x Jaime 5eva!1!! :oops: <3 :mrgreen: :D

Dee Stark

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:26 pm

(this is great you guys!)

Hi all, not many know me because I post sporadically due to my allergy to spoilers and leaks. I am Dee, and I live in Canada :)
I started watching the SHOW in December 2012... home sick in bed, I binged watch seasons 1 and 2 in three days. I have been hooked ever since. I started posting on the other website on Oz's recaps, and followed him here. Now I usually read and post in non-spoiler threads. I am obsessed with the show 365 days a year and everything and anything about this show make me happy. Most people know that about me. LOL Life priorities: Family, Travel, Sports, Game of Thrones

Favorites
Character: Jon/Arya/Dany
Book: I will read them after the show is complete :)
Moment: Anything Jon. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EDIT: Fave Seasons: Season 6 and then 4
Last edited by Dee Stark on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jay Targ

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:39 pm

Hello, I'm Jay Targ. I'm from the Mile High City and it seems like I'm one of the newer fans having started watching while Season 3 was airing. I read the books that same year. I actually found out about the show while searching for a replacement for Lost and I've been obsessed ever since.

Favorites
House: Targaryen
Character: Daenerys Stormborn
Episode: Fire and Blood or The Winds of Winter. Both big payoff episodes for me.
Season: 3 and 1
Scene: Daenerys hatching Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion. I also love "Dracarys" like Helen and QueenofThrones

Cumsprite

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:11 pm

HelenCarnate wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:36 pm
Howdy! I'm Helen (though I used to post on WiC & WotW as Anguissette1979). I'm from New Hampshire (about an hour northwest of Boston) in the U.S. I've been reading the ASOIAF books since I was a junior in high school which was... well... 20 years ago this year. I'm sitting on my (well read) first edition, first printing signed copy of AGoT until the show is over :-P

Favorites
House: Targaryen (from Day One)
Character: Daenerys
Episode: They're like my children... I love them all in their own ways
Moment: S3E04 - When Dany "buys" her Unsullied. BAMF.

I love the books for what they are and I love the show for what it is. I appreciate them both in different ways. I am so SO SO thankful that this series ended up in the hands of people who had the will, stamina, and intestinal fortitude to do this story justice. It's set a high bar for all other series to come (I'm looking at you, Sony-backed "Wheel of Time" project). I'm also thankful to be connected to fan sites with leaders who have equal dedication to the story.
NICE TO MEET YOU, ANGUISETTE1979! SO thankful to make BRAND-NEW acquaintances who would never, ever, just drop off the face of the earth and leave their good buddies alone with all the nutters.

I'm Cumsprite and I am sitting shiva for a few book forums that are slowing dying from inactivity.

HelenCarnate

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Cumsprite wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:11 pm

NICE TO MEET YOU, ANGUISETTE1979! SO thankful to make BRAND-NEW acquaintances who would never, ever, just drop off the face of the earth and leave their good buddies alone with all the nutters.
Hey you! I've popped in a few times (usually late) and no one is ever there! I'll check in again next time I'm on my laptop 😉
Team Targaryen since 1997 | Twitter: @helencarnatenh

VixenMel

Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:36 am

Hi my name is Melissa, I live in NSW, Australia. I started off watching the show when it first came out, it was my brother who first put it on and my family and I have been obsessed ever since. I've since read the books and I love both versions, each have their flaws and each have their strengths but needless to say I am very impressed at this amazing show that D&D have adapted from GRRM books.
I have only been in the fandom and looking up all the news and spoilers since the end of Season 6.

Favourites
House: Targaryen, then Stark
Character: Daenerys, Jorah, Theon, Jon, Tyrion, Davos, Missandei, Greyworm, Arya
Episode: Way too many good ones but the ones that stand out are: #Fire and Blood #And Now His Watch Has Ended #Mhysa #The Watchers On The Wall #The Dance Of Dragons #Battle Of The Bastards #The Winds Of Winter
Book: Gotta start with the book that started it all off #A Game Of Thrones
Moment: #Birth Of The Dragons #Dany Freeing The Unsullied #All Jon's fight scenes #All Dany and Jorah scenes especially that beautiful last one #Myhsa #Dany sailing to Westeros #Jon becoming King Of The North #The Drogon fighting pit scene #Tyrion becoming Dany's hand of the Queen #All semi happy Theon scenes #The three musketeers aka Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie Scenes #All Jamie and Brienne scenes #Sansa and Theon hug #Sam making Jon laugh
Jorah Mormont: ...Until my last breath, I will remember. After I have forgotten my mother's face...

Needle

Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:38 am

Hello! I'm a scardy cat so there's no way I'd reveal my name or country, but I love GoT so that's all good lol. I enjoy talking about theories and analysing the show and books, so expect passionate arguments coming from my way :lol:

Favourites:
House: Stark all the way. I'm quite fond of House Reed too.
Character: Arya, if it wasn't obvious already. We're so much alike, she feels like the sister I never had.
Episode: the one that constantly pops in my head is The Door. The ending gets me everytime.
Book: currently Storm, but it changes from time to time.
Scene: Mhysa moment, still gives me goosebumps

• Information