Fairy Tale Endings....

Home of Spoiler-Free Unsullied Discussion!
Bonzer Sheila

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:47 pm

I have always been a fan of fairy tales particularly of the Grimm variety...pardon the pun, so here is my wish list of GoT happy endings:

• Starting in the north so to speak - At the Wall is Bran, now super Maester to Edd Tollet who is Lord Commander of the Nights Watch...here Bran's magic may continue to protect the newly formed 7 Free States. He also cares for one of the Dragons, Viserion which Jon renamed Greenseer, a beast to guard against what might yet stir beneath the ice beyond the Wall. Jon was gifted Greenseer by his aunt Daenerys.

• Jon marries Meera Reed and together they live happily if not sometimes a little dark, curly and brooding; they are good and true guardians of the vast North. They have many children and also nurture a pack of Dire Wolves sired by Ghost and mothered firstly by Nymeria - each new Stark child or relation born is given a Dire Wolf pup. Close by lives his most trusted Lieutenant, Tormund Giantsbane who settled with the remaining free people.

• Arya is given her grandfather's seat of Riverrun and governorship of the Riverlands but is often absent being always unsettled she prefers to roam the 7 States and even travels beyond the Wall with her brother Bran. Arya had welcomed the Brothers without Banners into the Riverlands to settle and often leaves ‎Lord Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr in charge - these two have a castle each side of the Green Fork of the Trident.

• Theon Greyjoy abides in the Eyrie and serves as Chief Judge and Justice as well as one of the governors of the 7 States. Robin Arryn having finally lost his feeble mind and attempted to fly from the Moon Door! After helping her brother settle the surviving Ironborn to their new way life living and working peacefully in the Vale, Yara returns to Danerys' side to take charge of the royal fleet. When wrongdoers cannot be chastened by a spell in the Sky Cells Theon has them banished to the prison on the Iron Islands.

• As rich reward for his true redemption, bravery, honour and many good deeds Sandor Clegane (no longer known as The Hound),is given Casterly Rock and charged with governorship of the West. He marries a blind beauty and they have many children, the eldest they name Arya, and he has many happy memories. He finds a new lode of gold and has his never tiring zombie monster of a brother, now his prisoner; direct the mining of the gold...a Mountain in the mountain!

• Lady Olenna, a woman who always knew her onions (pardon the second pun) was so admiring of the integrity and bravery of Ser Davos Seaworth that she named him her new heir. Honourable to the last Ser Davos and his long suffering wife take young Samwell Tarly junior under their wing and teach him to become the good and just governor of the Reach - the garden state of the 7 Free States. As for Gilly and Samwell Tarly senior - (his monstrous father dead in battle and his brother Dickon so ashamed of siding with Cersei he takes the black and becomes right hand to Lord Commander Bran), Samwell and Gilly move into Horn Hill...not too far from Old Town where Sam can nip to the local library whenever he wishes! Perhaps not surprisingly the Tarly families remain close friends of Jon and Meera's family.

• King's Landing....I'll come back to that!

• In the Storm Lands Podrick Payne with the consent of the last Baratheon, is rewarded with Storm's End and Sam's beautiful, gentle sister Talla Tarly...the lucky girl, and anyway I love alliteration.

• Off the coast of the Storm Lands, Tarth. Here is where Brienne takes the broken man who was Jaime Lannister. Filled with self loathing for having killed his sister Cersei, Jaime is nursed backed to health and happiness by the only woman since his mother who truly loves him, Brienne. Rather surprisingly they have four daughters together, perhaps less surprisingly all girls are very tall and very blonde.

• In the far south the governor is none other than Ser Bron of the Blackwater. He lives in casual bliss in beautiful Dorne having married one of Prince Oberyn's eight daughters - one who was not a Sand Snake! Here the family frequently entertain their good friends the half brothers Jaime Lannister and Lord Tyrion.

• Queen Daenerys Stormborn - once she has settled the warring factions of the former 7 Kingdoms of Westeros and defeated the Ice King and his army of the undead, realises her heart belongs in Easteros. She returns with her beloved Drogon and her entourage of advisors chief amongst them Tyrion: Lord Tyrion is given another of her dragons, Rhaegal. This only happens once Lord Varys reveals his best kept secret i.e. Tyrion is in fact half Targaryen. Varys himself returns with the Queen, as do Grey Worm and Messandei, and of course her devoted Jorah Mormont who was 'cured' by the creepy Maester Qyburn. The Queen meets regularly with her 7 appointed governors of the Free States of Westeros as does her Hand, Lord Tyrion. They all meet in her 'holiday cottage', DragonStone. Tyrion and Varys and Illyrio Mopatis begin the quest of recovering Old Valyria. A cure for Greyscale now exists and all displaced persons of Westeros and former slaves of Easteros are given a chance work to restore and rebuild and make their homes in Valyria. This is where Daenerys will eventually make her home. The Iron Throne is removed to Dragonstone and mothballed and is supposedly out of temptations way....however it still remains dangerously close to King's Landing and therefore to Gendry and particularly to Sansa.

• Sansa and the one true Baratheon, Gendry, are married and are as happy as they could be in the former Crownlands after all that life has thrown at them. Sansa is firm, Gendry always fair. It is a joint governorship....Sansa insisted. Despite this Sansa is sometimes distant and it is rumoured she keeps Little Finger as an imprisoned 'pet' in the Black Cells. Others believe she gave Lord Baelish to Maester Qyburn to experiment on and that Little Finger and Tyburn both dwell in what remains of Harrenhal, which is forever left as a ruin and reminder of the destruction war brings. Few go near Harrenhal as most believe it to be haunted. Qyburn is given a necklace once belonging to a member of the now discredited religion of R'hllor, the Lord of Light. Qyburn seeks the secrets of the red stones. Sansa often accompanies her sister Arya on her travels around the 7 Free States and beyond, sometimes they travel beyond the Known World.

This is my Happy Never After....

Raeslewolhn

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:03 pm

I loved reading this! Not my version but sure fun... One thing,I want Arya and Gendry together!

Bonzer Sheila

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Some one asked me why the Hound had done so well? Well I had to say...Sandor Clegane is my favourite character! If I continued down the fairy tale road perhaps:
• Jaime was a broken man because he didn't have the courage to kill or even stop his sister. Perhaps The Hound is the younger brother prophesised who will strangle her?!
• However I prefer to think The Hound and poor frozen undead Uncle Benjen join forces. Benjen giving off no human heat can slip past the wights unnoticed and The Hound having been touched by fire and survived discovers he can melt the bodies of White Walkers if he can get near enough to reach in and grasp their frozen hearts? Benjen and Sandor would surely sing a song of fire and ice.

Sadly I think the endings won't be so satisfying and we are more likely to see a similar end to Tourneur/Middleton's Revenger's Tragedy...bodies everywhere.

I do say this is my 'Happy Never After...' How long do you think the 7 Free States could survive intact in such a small geographic area with such huge personalities and egos at large? Sansa is not going to settle quickly or easily...will it occur to Gendry that as half Baratheon he must have some Targaryen blood too and look to the East? Will he hear of my other theory i.e?

If we believe Cersei told the truth (?) to Catelyn Stark in season 1 - and her first boy died...a black haired boy who was then taken quickly taken away from her; can't we also believe that Robert knew her better than she imagined? Robert would worry for his first and obviously true born son - Gendry is that son? Gendry and Arya for King and Queen!!
My original post was written very much 'tongue in cheek' but also very much how I would like things to end!

I am a very recent fan of GoT, I only watched the first episode of S1 around 6 weeks ago...and have not read any of the books but have become firmly invested in the characters and wanted to get my fairy tale out there before Season 7 began.

As I've said before I don't think my original fairy tale would be an end at all. With all those big personalities surviving, Westeros would surely begin to feel a little over crowded. I think it would just be the beginning of a whole new saga and I think Sansa would be the first to break ranks. Sansa is a survivor, Tyrion acknowledged this some time ago but I don't think just surviving would be enough for her now.

Would love to hear how you'd like things to pan out?

Raeslewolhn

Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:03 pm

Bonzer Sheila wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:32 pm
Some one asked me why the Hound had done so well? Well I had to say...Sandor Clegane is my favourite character! If I continued down the fairy tale road perhaps:
• Jaime was a broken man because he didn't have the courage to kill or even stop his sister. Perhaps The Hound is the younger brother prophesised who will strangle her?!
• However I prefer to think The Hound and poor frozen undead Uncle Benjen join forces. Benjen giving off no human heat can slip past the wights unnoticed and The Hound having been touched by fire and survived discovers he can melt the bodies of White Walkers if he can get near enough to reach in and grasp their frozen hearts? Benjen and Sandor would surely sing a song of fire and ice.

Sadly I think the endings won't be so satisfying and we are more likely to see a similar end to Tourneur/Middleton's Revenger's Tragedy...bodies everywhere.

I do say this is my 'Happy Never After...' How long do you think the 7 Free States could survive intact in such a small geographic area with such huge personalities and egos at large? Sansa is not going to settle quickly or easily...will it occur to Gendry that as half Baratheon he must have some Targaryen blood too and look to the East? Will he hear of my other theory i.e?

If we believe Cersei told the truth (?) to Catelyn Stark in season 1 - and her first boy died...a black haired boy who was then taken quickly taken away from her; can't we also believe that Robert knew her better than she imagined? Robert would worry for his first and obviously true born son - Gendry is that son? Gendry and Arya for King and Queen!!
My original post was written very much 'tongue in cheek' but also very much how I would like things to end!

I am a very recent fan of GoT, I only watched the first episode of S1 around 6 weeks ago...and have not read any of the books but have become firmly invested in the characters and wanted to get my fairy tale out there before Season 7 began.

As I've said before I don't think my original fairy tale would be an end at all. With all those big personalities surviving, Westeros would surely begin to feel a little over crowded. I think it would just be the beginning of a whole new saga and I think Sansa would be the first to break ranks. Sansa is a survivor, Tyrion acknowledged this some time ago but I don't think just surviving would be enough for her now.

Would love to hear how you'd like things to pan out?

Oh wow you're so lucky! I wish I could rewatch GoT 100% fresh but you only get one first :)

Personally, since there's only 1 more season, I recommend not reading spoilers. I did for S4, 5 and 7. It was fun 4 and 5 but this yr I think it took me out of it. I think it's bc there r no more books so it's more important to uphold my suspension of disbelief.

Personally....happily NEVER after...pure idealism...

Jon is KitN, noone cares about his lineage bc when they find out he's already been King for years. Bran is not even bran anymore (his allegiance is to the old gods and the balance of the force, hes not the king/lord type anymore), and they already picked him over Sansa (sry Sansa).

At first, everyone wants Jon to marry Dany to solidify the two nations. They try, so everyone gets to see the long desired boatsex, but Dany can't have kids, only disfigured dragon ppl, and Jon needs an heir even if Dany can't have one. When he learns she's his aunt they divorce, and this also solves her problem bc his kids are rightful heirs to her throne, when she dies after many years of fixing shit in the world.

So Jon marries Lyanna Mormont in a few years. Uncle Jorah survives to be there for the kids. And he thinks Jon should have Longclaw when Jon tries to give it to him. Lyanna lives at Bear island so Jon leaves Sansles in charge at WF often enough. Initially it's a smart match, she's one of few Jon could trust with the North if he fell in battle. But they grow to love each other like Ned and Cat. Besties for life.

Sansa destroys LF by outmaneuvering him when she finds out what he did to Ned. Her series of plays lead to him walking himself out the moon door, bc he's lost everything and faces a more brutal end. She marries the Hound when she's like 30 (she needed time to heal) and realizes what she really needs in life, no longer looking for some glistening prince, he's always loved her, etc.
When Jon has sufficient heirs, and Edmure has died, they take over the Riverlands (sry baby frey-mure died).

Brienne guards Sansa til they're old. Jaime moved to the North to be with her but they don't want kids, he's had too many die let's be fair, and she's not into that. They start gardening :).

Arya finishes her list and bumps into Gendry, he's like "damn she grew up fierce AND fierce". They take over the stormlands together, and Arya finds peace. They make that place awesome bc they're both so ethical as well as badass. Occasionally she goes traveling in disguise and as a vigilante protecting the innocent if needs be (like just up to WF and BK 1 lap, or if she heard someone is causing pain in her kingdom and is evading her justice otherwise). She's always super active locally too. She probably opens an order of women warrior monks by ACCIDENT :P when she meets ladies running away from shit.

Bran chills at WF, mostly he just becomes part of weirnet and answers questions and teaches all the kids in the godswood. Bran the Gran. :P Ppl pilgram from all over to ask for his advice and Oracle.

Dany is queen of the 7 kingdoms (minus the north, but the crown lands became a kingdom, the first one she ruled and that way she can still say 7), of the bay of dragons and eventually volantis too, abolishing slavery everywhere. She's in alliance with the North and II. She spends most of her time with Drogon making sure the world remains at peace and in order. And just bc she likes dragon riding better than throne warming. She won the GoT.

Tyrion is still her hand, so he's usually in charge with help of varys and Missendei. Hopefully grey worm lives too. Tyrion finds real love. Maybe with a pretty Frey girl (and all the Frey girls now have large homes and castles bc Frey boys r dead). He rules the Westerlands and also holds the crossing of the Freys.

Sam and Gilly take over the Tarly home and name with lil Sam. They have a bunch of kids, but lil Sam never feels different for being adopted. He wants to be a Maester like his dad, so Sam doesn't have to worry about a Craster child being his heir, and he lets lil Sam become Maester as he wants, handling the situation (undesirable heir who actually wants to relinquish his claim and do something he loves, like Sam was) correctly, unlike his father. He still studies reads and writes like a Maester, hanging at the citadel occasionally. He writes an historical account of the war f the 5 Kings, the war of the two queens and the Great War for the Dawn. (Sam wrote the whole thing!)

Yara is queen of the II with faithful Theon, who is, over time, healing and becoming more functional.

Bronn and Tyene rule Dorne together, and make wayyyyy too many babies cus they're both insatiable. Ellaria died at Cersei's hands (which she deserves for killing the MOST innocent Lannister Myrcella) Tyene got her revenge on Cersei and the MTN when they died via Dany, and now she's done with all that. She just fights in the LWGC (Ladies of Westeros Gladiatorial Championship) for fun.

Cersei was burned alive by Dragons, very slowly. One small puff to get her started and then Dany just made sure she couldn't get away. The MTN died by his head being bitten off by Drogon,and ran around for a few minutes without it for a lil comic relief for the audience :).

Olenna finds Margaery SOMEHOW got away, (whaaat? Oh yeah Happily Never After, ok) she lost her legs but the wildfire cauterized the wound and she managed to hide inside an iron chest in the Sept. (This is not realistic I know). So she's also got 3rd d burns, a lil brain damage and broken ribs but she's all there and able to find happiness again. She is alive and ready to head house Tyrell and rule the Reach. She can't bear children, but at least Olenna is back to her reasonable self. Margaery spends her life caring for the poor and afflicted and throwing everyone's parties. Tyrion makes her a special saddle so she can ride a mini horse around her house.

Hmmm. After a year of cersei's torture Dany n friends kill septa Unella out of mercy when they take KL. She's paid her dues for her evil and Dany isn't into torture.

Euron died in the most epic sea battle ever. After putting on an amazing show of his insanity in battle for us viewers, Dany sneaks up on him with a dragon, Yara gets him tangled in his own rigging and he burns with the Silence. Not so silently!

Unfortunately Viserion was taken by the NK, so we get to see an Ice Dragon! Only after Tyrion got to ride him for a a few months of fighting the WW of course! When he's dismounted, Tyrion struggles to get to CB while the WW invade wetseros from the seas. Rhaegal takes it upon himself to kill Viserion when he sees what's going on (he heard his cry and came right away to his brother). He gets Jon (his rider) and Dany and Drogon and shows them what happened. They take their vengeance for Viserion and finally destroy all the WW except 1 who remained in the LoAW. Bran rebuilds the wall with magic and Dany and Jon eventually find the last WW and destroy him.

Bonzer Sheila

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:06 am

Unfortunately Viserion was taken by the NK, so we get to see an Ice Dragon! Only after Tyrion got to ride him for a a few months of fighting the WW of course! When he's dismounted, Tyrion struggles to get to CB while the WW invade wetseros from the seas. Rhaegal takes it upon himself to kill Viserion when he sees what's going on (he heard his cry and came right away to his brother). He gets Jon (his rider) and Dany and Drogon and shows them what happened. They take their vengeance for Viserion and finally destroy all the WW except 1 who remained in the LoAW. Bran rebuilds the wall with magic and Dany and Jon eventually find the last WW and destroy him.

[/font]
Well with the end of the season almost upon us and before any more of our favourite characters die I wanted to ask:
In your version what happens to Meera Reed, Podrick Payne and the Brothers without Banners?

Raeslewolhn

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:09 pm

Bonzer Sheila wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:06 am

[/font]
Well with the end of the season almost upon us and before any more of our favourite characters die I wanted to ask:
In your version what happens to Meera Reed, Podrick Payne and the Brothers without Banners?

Oh shit, I feel bad even tho they're fictional, dafuq! :)

Meera returns from Howland with Dawn to fight the Great War, maybe Arya takes dark sister, maybe Dany. I donno, somehow, btwn the three of them they have the dagger and the two swords. Dany is least fighter so probably has the dagger. Maybe she has DS and doesn't really use it though.

We get to see Bran talking to Howland cus they both got greenseer powers, in some scene, about ToJ and a bunch of RR stuff. Englightening but also interesting fantasy scene/s.

When Howland dies Meera becomes Lord Reed. Whoever she marries, probably another cranogman to keep that bloodline but not too close, will be cool with that and an honorable person, she doesn't need drama.

Pod the Rod finds a really awesome woman. Like who is good enough? Right? She has to be kind, smart, funny, well traveled, not a total wimp probably but also def not Brienne status. Before the end, he has a heroic moment in some skirmish, a tender moment with Tyrion, and is the one to get Bronn to switch sides and parlay with Jaime, maybe turn him too, he plays a role in all that.

BwB: we know Thoros is dead and honestly he'd drink himself to it pretty soon if not.

Beric obv has a major role in the GW, is funny and weird in his Lord of Light loving until he dies extremely heroically killing a bunch of WW and thus stopping thousands of wights.

Everyone except them n the Hound died/was executed/didn't get to the wall in the 1st place, right?

Also, Tormund and Brienne have a fling b4 Jaime n her hook up again, but it doesn't work out. He's just too wild :) he settles down with a nice bear for a while, she doesn't do well at a WF feast, which we get to see in a FF, and eventually he has babies with a giantesse.

• Information