S07E03 - Queen's Justice - predictions

Lord Parramandas

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Ok, what are your predictions for episode 3? Share in the posts below.

QueenofThrones

Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:25 pm

I wonder how Cersei is going to kill Elaria, and I wonder if witnessing that carnage will be when Jaime "realizes his mistake" from the episode synopsis. Maybe she'll force Elaria to watch her daughter burn to death or vice versa - that was something that Jaime witnessed the Mad King do. Of course, there's more cause for Cersei to kill Elaria than with the Starks but method matters... However, there seem to be trailer shots of Jaime in some sort of battle, so maybe he won't be in KL when Euron returns with his captives.

Unsullied will attack Casterly Rock, clearly. I guess this means that Dany must still have some sort of fleet left. Did they actually sail around Westeros, or did the Unsullied march across the Riverlands to get there? I would hope that Tyrion goes with them actually, and that Dany brings the air force. Getting Tyrion home and ruling from Tywin's high seat, how awesome would that be. :D However I think they will be too busy dealing with the Northerners.

Dany and Jon meeting... I expect some challenging comments from both and no clear resolution from the first meetiing. Davos is going to be PO'd about melisandre. I imagine that will bias him against Dany, quite heavily, and so it will be up to Tyrion to mend any fences.

SomethingClever

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:57 pm

I think Arya will continue North, which will take her past the Twins where the Lannister troops she met were headed. She'll come across them on the way, killed and eaten by wolves.
#NymeriaKillsSheeran2k17

Combat Boots

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:21 am

Arya will get to Winterfell and kill Little finger disguised as Sansa

QueenofThrones

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Combat Boots wrote:
Doens't she have to kill sansa first?! I hope she doens't go that far.

Wimsey

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:41 am

QueenofThrones wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:34 pm
Combat Boots wrote:
Doens't she have to kill sansa first?! I hope she doens't go that far.
heh, true!

The bigger problem is that it would be completely arbitrary, in at least two ways. First, if LF is going to be killed by a main character, then it's going to be a situation where there is some personal cost to that character. To steal from another thread, every pinnacle moment involves one of the main characters shooting him/herself in the foot: because shooting that foot was considered a lesser evil to shooting to shooting the other foot. (Unlike, say, Walder Frey, LF is an asset: but like the sword without a hilt, he's an asset that requires delicate handling!)

Second, if LF is going to be killed by a main character, then (at this point) it needs to be by a character who has had an extended personal interaction with him. Arya does not qualify: she's had zero real interactions with LF to date.

My thoughts on what will happen. Um... prisoners will be paraded, which means there will be indecent exposure. Casterly Rock will fall, and there will be much rejoicing. Jon & Daenerys will have a dramatic pose contest that will redefine "epic." And, Sam will finally make the Quidditch team. 8-)
Last edited by Wimsey on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

Combat Boots

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:19 am

Tell you what I will kill him

Not Littlefinger

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:51 am

Combat Boots wrote:
What motivation would she have to kill Littlefinger? Their only direct interaction was where LF saved her ass by not revealing her identity to Tywin.

Lord Parramandas

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:14 am

I do hope no one is discussing leaks here.

Chilli

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:40 am

Lord Parramandas wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:14 am
I do hope no one is discussing leaks here.
No
(no further comment, not to spoil things)

• Information