Season 7 Parallels

anna1226

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:40 pm

I've noticed several parallels in S7 to scenes from past seasons. Thought it may be fun to list some & see what others have noticed.

Jon & Dany going in cave reminded me of Ygritte & Jons romantic cave scene.
View of Jamie falling to bottom of lake similar to view of Brans fall in S1.
Tyrion worried about Dany burning others & Davos saying Tyrion killed his son with wild fire.
Arya saying 'that's not you' about Nymeria, she said similar to Ned when he talked of her future marriage.
Bran getting the dagger meant other kill him in S1 (I'm guessing it was sent by Cersie and Arya will end up killing Cersie with it).

Lluid

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:27 am

There are many parallels indeed. Gathering them here is a good idea !
What comes to my mind right now :
  1. Jamie's fall in the water also evoked the moment when Tyrion fell in the water in Valyria
  2. "Isn't their survival more important than your pride" said by Dany to Jon but also by Jon to Mance years before.
  3. "Fewer" <- Davos is hilarious this season
  4. Arya stopped by guards at the castle's entrance like in season 1
  5. Jon strangles LittleFinger just like Ned did.
  6. Jorah Mormont refuses his family heritage from Bear Island symbolized by his sword, then kills a wight white Bear in the same episode.
  7. Tyrion and Dany decide to take Casterly Rock, it's a good plan that doesn't turn right. Just like Robb and Catelyn Stark years before.
  8. "He really was a cunt" (Olenna to Jamie about Jeoffrey naming his sword). "A lot of people name their sword - lots of cunts" (Arya and Sandor years before)
Those that I hope we'll hear soon :
  • "Only a fool would trust you, LittleFinger" repeated by Sansa one last time after he falls in a trap of hers, I hope
  • "You know nothing John Targaryen" <- Well this version is the only one I hope we'll hear soon, one last time, pronounced by Bran.

anna1226

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:44 am

excellent points

• Information