Being content with your favorite character's death

Not Littlefinger

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Yes, Littlefinger is my favorite character. But I also had a lingering suspicion that his end was near. So, I wasn't surprised when Arya slit his throat. Sure, I was bummed. Yet, I feel there could have been no better way for him to go. It completed his storyline perfectly, drawing a complete circle. I was a bit afraid that his death would be completely fanservice, (although with someone as hated as him it would be hard not to make it a bit fanservicey.) Thankfully, they gave him a proper ending. Oddly enough, Sansa is another of my favorite characters, and I couldn't help but smile as she repeated his words back to him. If anybody was going to cause his demise, it should have been Sansa, and I'm glad it was. His one weakness, the only person he shared his secrets with, and the one thing he didn't see coming: her using his skills to outsmart him. Both the Sansa fan and the LF fan in me says that it couldn't have been more perfect.

I also never planned to write about his death. But I was just so darn satisfied with how it happened. Hopefully Sansa will continue to use the tricks he taught her and his legacy will love on ;)

evenwind

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Can't say I was much of a Littlefinger fan but I won't be surprised to see his face again.

QueenofThrones

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Not Littlefinger wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:29 pm
Yes, Littlefinger is my favorite character. But I also had a lingering suspicion that his end was near. So, I wasn't surprised when Arya slit his throat. Sure, I was bummed. Yet, I feel there could have been no better way for him to go. It completed his storyline perfectly, drawing a complete circle. I was a bit afraid that his death would be completely fanservice, (although with someone as hated as him it would be hard not to make it a bit fanservicey.) Thankfully, they gave him a proper ending. Oddly enough, Sansa is another of my favorite characters, and I couldn't help but smile as she repeated his words back to him. If anybody was going to cause his demise, it should have been Sansa, and I'm glad it was. His one weakness, the only person he shared his secrets with, and the one thing he didn't see coming: her using his skills to outsmart him. Both the Sansa fan and the LF fan in me says that it couldn't have been more perfect.

I also never planned to write about his death. But I was just so darn satisfied with how it happened. Hopefully Sansa will continue to use the tricks he taught her and his legacy will love on ;)
Agreed! Sansa-kills-Littlefinger has been one of my most anticipated moments for... basically ever. I have a love-hate relationship with LF personally, much as with Cersei. Great character, awful person... :) .

Very glad they didn't give his Death to anyone else (well, not really - it was Arya's dagger but it was Sansa's kill, I think Arya would agree).

Not Littlefinger

Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:38 pm

evenwind wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:48 pm
Can't say I was much of a Littlefinger fan but I won't be surprised to see his face again.
As a mask for Arya or?

Tensor the Mage

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:25 am

Littlefinger was always one of my favorite characters in the show, in part because of Aiden Gillen's amazing performance. He radiated insincerity with every gesture, yet always sounded like he earnestly believed every last utterance his mouth made.

While I agree with the narrative closure -- Littlefinger set the plot in motion by manipulating Lyssa and Cat, then died by the order and hand of Cat's daughters -- I'll agree with a commenter on the main site: Littlefinger started as a world-shaking master manipulator, and ended skulking around dreary Winterfell trying to have sex with a teenage girl. Quite the downer arc, that.

Combat Boots

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:38 am

I absolutely despised little finger (good actor) so was pleased to see him get filleted.
He deserved everything he got.

Joel Needs a Car

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:37 am

I did think that Littlefinger could last all the way to the end, maybe being on the brink of achieving his goal only to have it snatched away from him at the last (maybe by having his head ripped by a wight and becoming Undead!Littlefinger). In a way that almost happened just much sooner than I expected. Could still go that way in the books (hopefully the missing wight and undead part).

I did find the character interesting from the POV of the behind the scenes puppet master with on a mission to move up the ladder from a fairly humble albeit minor noble background, motivated by old wounds from when he was being viewed by higher standing nobility with some contempt. Definitely a little of Thomas Cromwell in Baelish but also Cardinal Wolsey too.

I'm not sure how I'd cope if my favourite character (Arya) met a sudden end.
AKA: Ser Not Appearing in this Series

• Information