Do you think Bran is the Night King?

[Still_No_1]

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Seriously, is Bran, the theee eyed raven, and the night king the same guy? I don't believe in coincidence in this show, the NK and Bran are totally wearing the same brooch or necklace. What do you all think? Any theories?

Bran the Muffin

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:30 pm

I believe they are interconnected, but I don't think they are one and the same. We see the creation of the Night King and IMO it's definitely not Bran. If they wanted to create that hint, they could have used someone that looks a little like Bran. The actor portraying the Night King looks nothing like Bran.

I do believe that Bran, Night King, and Children of the Forest all tap into the same old blood magic source. The patterns of corpses left behind by the white walkers are the same as those used by the children. I have a hard time believing this is a coincident.

I believe Bran is going to discover something in the weirwood net that will stop the Night King. As a result, I think he'll also loose his three eyed raven abilities.

[Still_No_1]

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:48 pm

I definitely believe the patterns are significant and that Bran is connected to the old magic that spawned the NK. I've seen so many therories about how Bran travelled back in time trying to warn Westeros of the WW or how he is the reason Aerys II went mad. Cannot wait until next season to see how this all pans out.

Combat Boots

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:37 am

They are connected somehow kill Bran and the NK dies

Trusty Ole Podrick

Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:45 pm

https://youtu.be/EjxVf0w-RKc

Has anyone watched this video?

There are holes in the theory that the NK is Azor Ahai/prince that was promised/the last hero,
but I think it's very possible.

Any thoughts?

jpknitt

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:23 am

There's been a pretty solid case made for Bran being the NK having to do with warging and eventually inhabiting the NK and not being able to break free. We saw how the last 3 Eyed Raven stayed in the same physical space so long that he was absorbed by the weirwood roots. Bran could hole up somewhere and leave his Bran body behind while is trapped in the NK for thousands of years. Then of course it becomes a matter of finding Bran's current body and killing it...but that would necessitate a jump forward of maybe a thousand years?

I choose to believe the two are connected closely, but not the same.

Wimsey

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:29 pm

Trusty Ole Podrick wrote:
There are holes in the theory that the NK is Azor Ahai/prince that was promised/the last hero,

Any thoughts?
It is much more plausible that R'hllor is both the remnant and apotheosis of Azor Ahai. The Great Other was around before Azor Ahai, after all, but we've no indication that R'hllor was around way back when.
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

Stormborn

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 pm

[Still_No_1] wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:10 pm
Seriously, is Bran, the theee eyed raven, and the night king the same guy? I don't believe in coincidence in this show, the NK and Bran are totally wearing the same brooch or necklace. What do you all think? Any theories?
There was an interview with the Bran actor in which he lambasts the absurdity of this theory as it's based on resemblance and similar clothing. It really highlighted the tendency of fans to be gullible and was funny to read in a sort of "Doh" kind of way.

Having said that it was an enjoyable theory but I don't think there's anything to support it in what we've seen so far. I think the theory which postulates that he wargs into the NK when he was human and being turned by the Children has traction though.

Wimsey

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Stormborn wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 pm
Having said that it was an enjoyable theory but I don't think there's anything to support it in what we've seen so far.
Like most fan theories, it employs Macco's Sponge: look for the least parsimonious explanation and assume that it's true even after it doesn't happen! :D
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

Lyannabanna

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:16 am

Trusty Ole Podrick wrote:
https://youtu.be/EjxVf0w-RKc

Has anyone watched this video?

Any thoughts?
This theory video raises questions for me:

In the scene where the NK transforms one of Craster's sons, there are 12 WWs in the background. Later, four were killed by Sam, Jon and Meera.

So if Craster had sacrificed 99 sons by then (lil' Sam is No. 100*), apparently they are not WWs. If this is true, where are they? What is their purpose?

Maybe the 12 WWs are The Last Hero's 12 pals and/or sacrifices by the Night's King/Queen during their 13-yr reign of terror. Another theory suggests that The Last Hero and the Night's King are the same person.

The numbers 12 and 13 are a recurring theme. In the frozen lake scene, we see Jon plus 11 (Gendry had been sent back to Eastwatch).

Tinfoil Longshot. They represent Jesus (resurrected like Jon) and 12 disciples.

*I have read that in the books, Gilly's baby was switched with Mance Rayder's newborn son.

• Information