Spot the random GOT actor

Ten Bears

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:57 pm

Dame of Mercia wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:11 am
Mark Addy (Robert Baratheon), Alfie Allen (Theon) and Gemma Whelan (Yara) are on a true crime series called "White House Farm" on BBC at the moment (January 2020). I haven't watched it yet but the late king is playing a policeman - not sure about the erstwhile Greyjoys.
Mark Addy was great in “The Full Monty,” however long ago that was.

Dame of Mercia

Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:30 am

Not Mark Addy, but even further back in time, Roy Dotrice (the pyromancer with the pigsh*t) in a clip from a BBC TV series based on A P Herbert's "Misleading Cases" which ran in the late 1960s/early 1970s. It seems the originals of most of the episodes have been scrubbed (a pity in my opinion) though there are some audio extracts on YouTube. Frank Muir (a writer of humorous series on British TV back in the day often in partnership with Dennis Norden) introduces the clip (which is very short). https://youtu.be/uAQgWiNPpBw

Dame of Mercia

Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:35 am

According to redanianintelligence (which this site links to) Kristofer Hivju has been cast in The Witcher and there is a rumour (as yet unsubstantiated) that Natalie Dormer might have been cast in the same series.

Edit - scrub the info about Natalie Dormer because it has been denied - I wouldn't have minded her being cast because she is an actress with presence - and I refuse to watch the Penny Dreadful sequel even with her. On this laptop the browser is Microsoft Edge and although (after a year) I have managed to switch off the Microsoft "news" (or what masquerades as news on Microsoft) page for subsequent tabs it still pops up as my first page when I go on the internet. Anyway it says Jack Gleeson is making a "shock return" (talk about hyperbole) to TV. I can't copy the link sorry. I said before my halfway decent laptop was stolen towards the end of January and the one I'm using now definitely is not built for speed.

Dame of Mercia

Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:08 am

I mentioned on the main part of the site today that the Mother of Dragons and Ellaria Sand (Emilia and Indira) are appearing on stage in London in a production of Chekhof's (sp?) 'The Seagull'. I haven't been able to find a write-up of it yet. Of course at the time of making this entry (March 2020) there is a scare about the coronavirus with people being advised to avoid crowds so that could affect adversely a production of a play.

Ten Bears

Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:32 am

Ten Bears wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:09 pm
Date: January 1, 2020
To: Maisie Williams Fangirls and Fanboys

It looks like we will finally see Maisie Williams (Wolfgirl Arya Stark on GoT) as Wolfsbane* in “X-Men: The New Mutants.”

According to an online CinemaBlend.com article today and a statement from the director Josh Boone, a new (second) trailer for
“X-Men The New Mutants” will be out on January 6, 2020, and the movie will be in theaters on April 3, 2020. This news comes after years of delays and rumors that the movie needed re-shoots; would go straight to video/streaming; or was dead in the water and would never be released at all.

The first trailer had been released over two years ago, on October 13, 2017, and touted that the movie would be “coming soon” in April, 2018. That first trailer has got a couple of brief images of Maisie Williams. (Sorry. I can’t embed a link to YouTube.) The first glimpse of Maisie Williams comes at ~ 1:08 of the official trailer.

Apparently, the new (second) trailer due out in a few days was created by the director and his cinematographer (as opposed to, e.g., the studio marketing department).

* Now I’ve got to go back and rewatch Arya-Jaqen-Tywin episodes in Season 2 of GoT to see if I remember correctly that after Armory Lorch dropped dead in Tywin’s doorway from a poisoned dart, there’s a scene in which Tywin sniffed the dart and said something like...

“Wolfsbane. This is no common assassin.”
4/21/20 Update:
Seven Hells!!!
“New Mutants” is postponed AGAIN because of this stupid pandemic.

I’ll have to replay GoT S2e7 to hear about Wolfsbane....

https://youtu.be/mVxZQXoORCw

0:19 - 0:30
Tywin: “ Wolfsbane. A rare substance. This is no common assassin.”

Ten Bears

Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:35 am

Hi Dame of Mercia!
Just stopped by to say hello.

April 21, 2020

Dame of Mercia

Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:30 am

I am spending a little less time in Westeros these days. I thought the lock-down might be a suitable time to work through my "to do" list. The results so far are mixed though I still check the main site in case there is anything new. I can't copy any link over but I saw a picture of one of the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels with Brother Ray, Qyburn and Illyrio alongside Jack Sparrow.

Hi Ten Bears.

• Information