Do not buy into the hype of S8

PulledGroin

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:31 pm

As you may all realize by now, S7 was a garbage season with isolated moments of awesome. It is painfully obvious that D&D can barely dress themselves, much less create quality programming, without a firm guiding hand from GRRM. S8 will be a fantasy version of the Avengers MCU movies.

Everyone will die, but it will all happen so quickly, no one will care. They have saved everyone thinking 20 main characters dying in one battle will have the same, or greater, impact of Hodor's or Ramsey's death. They are wrong.

There will be awesome fight scenes that will fill your brain with eye candy, but won't matter one damn bit in the end. Think of Dany's glorious gold wagon train attack, it was glorious, I wet myself with excitement when she came flying in, but when it was all over, nothing had changed. No one of consequence died, no territories exchanged hands, nothing. And after the sugar rush ended and I changed my pants, I was rather bitter, because there is no fucking way GRRM would write a battle scene like that.

As far as I'm concerned GoT ended with S6. S7and S8 are just shitty post scripts to a once great series. I have no interest in S8, don't care about the characters anymore, or the ending D&D have planned. I'll just wait for the books...

Grandmaester Flash

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:26 pm

That's nice, dear.

Dame of Mercia

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:49 pm

I'll make my own decision whether I'll "buy into hype" or not, thank you very much.

Ice Hunter

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:00 pm

As will I. Was S7 perfect? No, but it was what it was and, for the most part, did what it needed to do. It took us to the brink of the Great War and set the game board with those who will be playing for the win. I'm Team Stark.

Jon is as much a Stark as a Targaryen, and I'm hoping Dany legitimizes him before they reach WF, or at least before Bran and Sam have a chance to tell him his actual parentage. Jon doesn't lie, but like Ned, he might be willing to lie by omission.

The same with Gendry--make him a Baratheon! Why else is he still alive?

Lord Parramandas

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:53 pm

I think you mistook this site for westeros.org. As far as I'm concerned, I loved S7 and I'm very hyped for the remaining 6 episodes.

Chilli

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:46 am

That's GRRM's fault for not finishing the books in time.
If D&D would spend 5+ years for each season, I'm sure it would all be perfectly written. But I'm not sure I would want to watch a show that would take so long before it's finished.
And Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner would almost be retired by the time we reach season 8, and some of the older actors would be replaced because they already died, not sure how believable that would be.

Wimsey

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:17 pm

Actually, S7 was great TV with a few moments of "that wasn't very good."
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

Dwaz68

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:29 pm

There's always the contrarian....

• Information