End of Thrones.

Dennai

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:39 am

And about the endings:

1. Arya tries to kill Cersei, but Qyburn manages to see through her disguise and the Mountain breaks her neck between his thumb and index finger :twisted: I'm sick of this unstoppable pint-size super assassin thingy already.
Danny and Jon, dragons and Ghost all go down in a blaze of glory taking down Night King and White Walkers for good. So does Tormund, fighting an undead giant and earning, this time for real, his moniker.
Theon sacrifices himself to save Bran's life and his redemption arc is complete. Bran stays at Winterfell, but he's fully commited to the Three-Eyed Raven mantra.
Jorah gets his cure and spent the last of his days as adviser and right hand of his niece in Bear island. With his father and brother both dead, Sam moves back to Horn Hill as rightful heir with Gilly and lil Sam (more lils are granted to be coming). Although he couldn't finish his studies in the Citadel, he's granted an honorary Master title for his vital contribution to the Intellegence in the war against the Winter.
There will be no Iron Throne no more. Kings Landing and the Crowlands will style itself like a Braavos kind of thing, with the Iron Bank getting important parcels of power in payment for the outstanding debts. Tyrion will rule the Westernlands from Casterly Rock. Gendry, the Stormlands. Melissandre will give her life to bring Arya back because the audience had suffered enough already, and so, as she foresighted, they'll meet again. A much contrited Arya after her death experience will forego any ninja tendencies, but not the waterdancing that is so dear to her heart. She will be Lady of Storm's End, whose Lord is the only noble who can accept her as she is. In that scenario, Hot Pie would be the Head Cook.
North and Riverlands will stand as an unified kingdom since history has proved again and again that the Riverlords can't defend themselves and they declared for the North already anyway. Sansa will be Queen in the North and Sandor would be his Master-at-arms. But Edmure doesn't get to keep Riverrun. He gave it up once already. That castle would be for his son. Pod will be castilian in charge until the lad comes of age. Edmure and his Frey bride will keep the Twins though.
The now heirless Reach is granted to the Greyjoys so Ironborn people can start reaping properly and Yara gets to keep her promise to Daenerys about stopping reaving.
Robyn Arryn decides that as fun as it is watching people fly through the Moon Door, it has to be even much more fun go and fly yourself, and he gives it a try. Don't know/don't care who will get the Vale.
After a lifetime in the freaking cold, Dolorous Ed moves to Dorne, making the place interesting for once and rip for any future spin-off.

2. Any scenario that implies a) Mad Queen Daenerys or b) Jon/Daenerys together on the Iron Throne. I rather see Cersei ruling Kings Landing and Night King ruling Winterfell.

3. I think the breaking of the Seven Kingdoms into the independent nations of yore is a distinct possibility. I firmly believe Jon or Dany will die, and I lean to think it will be the both of them. Dragons are on the choping block for sure.

Raeslewolhn

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:36 pm

LadyGoodman wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:39 pm
Meh, I have an automatic mistrust, bordering on aversion, to anyone who thinks they were born to rule, particularly those who go about proclaiming it on a regular basis

Plus it always makes me think of this exchange in Monty Python and the Holy Grain:

King Arthur: I am your king.

Dennis's Mother: Well I didn't vote for you.

King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.

Dennis's Mother: Well how'd you become king then?

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
... You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

... If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some
moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
:) Yesss I completely agree. I was raised on that shit, my mom was really cool. I'm not down with monarchy, that's just the world they live in in the show and books is all I mean.

I'm just saying she's not lustful for power like littlefinger, she was socially conditioned to think that way. She internalized her bro, illyrio and everyone discussing the Targaryen claim.

But that's why I like Dany, she's antislavery and antirape, my fav moment is when she asks the Unsullied if they will fight for her as free men. She's all about what's good for the people and what they need and even want.

• Information