s7 Death Pool

QueenofThrones

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:14 pm

I thought it would be fun to start a death pool / death odds for Season 7 before we see any of it, then we can find out how wrong we are later... :?

Please, if you have seen spoilers and actually know if any a characters dies or survives do not vote (what would be the point?!), but feel free to comment / reply as long as you cover any spoilers!

Anyway, here are my odds of survival for characters I can think of:

100% chance of survival:
Dany: No way she dies until S8
Jon: Ditto
Tyrion: Ditto x 2

90% chance they survive
Arya: She has to do something after all that training. She could die near the end of the season.
Bran: Very unlikely. However, the show could kill him off early as it is inconvenient for the plot to have someone with god-like superpowers...
Sam & Gilly: I mean, I don't know WTF they are doing in the citadel but I don't think it is likely to be life threatening...
Brienne: Jaime reunion happens first. Also she's just likely to live until the final battle IMO.
Sansa: I think she (eventually) takes out LF and lives herself. But there's a chance she goes down with LF.
Hound: Just don't see him dying until he kills some zombies. But he could might against said zombies, or LF treachery or something.
Varys: Nah.

75% chance they survive
Jaime: He might die if he kills Cersei, but otherwise I think he is a season 8 lock.
Tormund: Tormund's death would be awful but I just feel like more good guys will die this season.
Davos: See Tormund.
Littlefinger: I'm hoping he dies as part of S7 climax. But I think more likely he slimes his way out of this one for now, and dies mid S8.
Theon: I think Theon survives and Yara dies is more likely. But both could die.
Jorah: We know from the arm in trailer he survives to the season (plus he's been doing some interviews/promotion), I don't see Jorah coming back (yet again) just to die of greyscale... What would be the point?

50%-50%:
Meera: I hope Meera doens't die but I could see them killing her off once she gets Bran back just for the emotional impact!
Cersei: Honestly I think this might be LH final season and it will be amaaazing if so. If not, OK!
Yara: I would be unsurprised (and sad :cry: ) if Euron kills her.
Olenna: I randomly feel like Ellaria will kill her for some reason. Mostly because Ellaria a vicious B---- and I don't know who else she is going to kill (plus Tyrell-Dorne rivalry).
Edd: I thought Edd would die for a long time, but yet he survives to snark yet again! We'll see...
Melisandre: I don't see much role for her if she meets both Dany and Jon and I Think she will meet Dany early in the season
Grey Worm: i'm worried for them you guys . :?
Missandei: Very worried . :?

10% chance of survival (I'll be surprised if they survive)
Ellaria: Please please please, just die, you are the worst (no offense to the actress intended)!
Euron: I am fairly sure he will be a threat this season only.

Wimsey

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:57 am

Bran & Arya will make it, as they are two of the primary protagonists around whom GRRM has crafted the larger story.

As for everyone else, they could die. I give Jaime & Cersei very low odds of dying: I see a G'Kar-Londo death for the pair of them at the end of all things. Sansa seems to have become a sixth primary protagonists, so the odds on her dying are low.

Among the lesser protagonists, characters like Sam or Davos or Brienne could die, but I would be surprised to see it.

Among the foils, I expect to see a few deaths. However, I'd put the probability of dying at about X/Y with X= "few" and Y=# of foils for each of them. That's not terribly helpful, is it!

I agree about Euron croaking this year. He seems to be an adversary du anno. My bet is that his primary usage will be as a foil for Cersei to resist Daenerys & Jon, and to create problems for any alliance against White Walkers by creating a southern front that is not going to give everyone else a time out for White Walkers, the return of Elvis, leprechauns gone wild, or anything else equally ridiculous.
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

Needle

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:54 am

I personally doubt Littlefinger will survive this season, regardless of what some leaks say. Now that Bran and Arya are going to get back to Winterfell, his plan will crumble to pieces. Bran has the biggest claim to Winterfell, being the second trueborn son of Ned and Cat. No one would rally behind Sansa now that they know Bran is alive.
And Arya knows he betrayed their family, and I believe she won't keep it a secret.

I really hope they don't kill Meera. She survived the white walkers, what would kill her now that they're at the wall? Tripping over slippery ice?
Besides, I believe they'd at least use her a lot more before killing her off. She can bring Howland Reed to Jon, he's the only person alive other than Bran who knows about R+L=J. Plus he was very close to all of the Stark siblings, not just Ned. He might know more things we were never told before.

jjddss

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:55 am

First I'll say who I'd enjoy dying: LF, Sansa, Cersei, Grey Worm, Olenna, everyone from Dorne. :lol:

But as for who I think might actually die...LF possibly. Davos or Tormund possibly. Beric and Thoros probably. I don't see everyone in that party with Jon in the snow surviving and I assume those guys are part of it. So The Hound, if he's part of it, might also die there but I think between the two gruff funny warrior types he is more likely to survive than Tormund. I assume Yara will die. I think the Dorne people will die. Most of them, if not all. Or be dismissed by being banished or something. I don't think they'll play a big part in the last season. But could be completely wrong. I bet Dolorous Edd will die. Unfortunately. I don't think the NW will play much of a part in the last season either and he's the main link to that now. Melisandre probably. I don't think any of the remaining Starks are going to die this year. No one in Dany's party. Not even Grey Worm because if you remove him what sort of military type person does she have? I'd think she needs that sort of balance and not just a bunch of geniuses on her counsel. Which might make one of the geniuses expendable...Missandei or Varys obviously. Not Tyrion. I guess I could see Jaime dying but not sure. He might die on the battlefield. After a farewell to Tyrion. I feel like at least one of the main characters that got those gold star raises a year or two ago will die this year and Jaime seems most likely of all of them.

Dee Stark

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 am

Needle wrote:
I personally doubt Littlefinger will survive this season, regardless of what some leaks say. Now that Bran and Arya are going to get back to Winterfell, his plan will crumble to pieces. Bran has the biggest claim to Winterfell, being the second trueborn son of Ned and Cat. No one would rally behind Sansa now that they know Bran is alive.
And Arya knows he betrayed their family, and I believe she won't keep it a secret.

I really hope they don't kill Meera. She survived the white walkers, what would kill her now that they're at the wall? Tripping over slippery ice?
Besides, I believe they'd at least use her a lot more before killing her off. She can bring Howland Reed to Jon, he's the only person alive other than Bran who knows about R+L=J. Plus he was very close to all of the Stark siblings, not just Ned. He might know more things we were never told before.
Oh no :(

"regardless of what some leaks say"

:( :o :(

spoiler.

Dee Stark

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:26 am

QueenofThrones wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:14 pm
I thought it would be fun to start a death pool / death odds for Season 7 before we see any of it, then we can find out how wrong we are later... :?

Please, if you have seen spoilers and actually know if any a characters dies or survives do not vote (what would be the point?!), but feel free to comment / reply as long as you cover any spoilers!

Anyway, here are my odds of survival for characters I can think of:

100% chance of survival:
Dany: No way she dies until S8
Jon: Ditto
Tyrion: Ditto x 2

90% chance they survive
Arya: She has to do something after all that training. She could die near the end of the season.
Bran: Very unlikely. However, the show could kill him off early as it is inconvenient for the plot to have someone with god-like superpowers...
Sam & Gilly: I mean, I don't know WTF they are doing in the citadel but I don't think it is likely to be life threatening...
Brienne: Jaime reunion happens first. Also she's just likely to live until the final battle IMO.
Sansa: I think she (eventually) takes out LF and lives herself. But there's a chance she goes down with LF.
Hound: Just don't see him dying until he kills some zombies. But he could might against said zombies, or LF treachery or something.
Varys: Nah.

75% chance they survive
Jaime: He might die if he kills Cersei, but otherwise I think he is a season 8 lock.
Tormund: Tormund's death would be awful but I just feel like more good guys will die this season.
Davos: See Tormund.
Littlefinger: I'm hoping he dies as part of S7 climax. But I think more likely he slimes his way out of this one for now, and dies mid S8.
Theon: I think Theon survives and Yara dies is more likely. But both could die.
Jorah: We know from the arm in trailer he survives to the season (plus he's been doing some interviews/promotion), I don't see Jorah coming back (yet again) just to die of greyscale... What would be the point?

50%-50%:
Meera: I hope Meera doens't die but I could see them killing her off once she gets Bran back just for the emotional impact!
Cersei: Honestly I think this might be LH final season and it will be amaaazing if so. If not, OK!
Yara: I would be unsurprised (and sad :cry: ) if Euron kills her.
Olenna: I randomly feel like Ellaria will kill her for some reason. Mostly because Ellaria a vicious B---- and I don't know who else she is going to kill (plus Tyrell-Dorne rivalry).
Edd: I thought Edd would die for a long time, but yet he survives to snark yet again! We'll see...
Melisandre: I don't see much role for her if she meets both Dany and Jon and I Think she will meet Dany early in the season
Grey Worm: i'm worried for them you guys . :?
Missandei: Very worried . :?

10% chance of survival (I'll be surprised if they survive)
Ellaria: Please please please, just die, you are the worst (no offense to the actress intended)!
Euron: I am fairly sure he will be a threat this season only.
I pretty much fully agree with everything you said.

I would also like to add that I cant imagine Mel meeting with Dany.... but that would be awesome and super surprising to me.
I do think that Mel will reunite with Arya before she dies

"Melisandre to Arya: I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you'll shut forever. We will meet again. "

Needle

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:49 am

Dee Stark wrote:
Needle wrote:

spoiler.
Some leaks say he'll die, some say he won't. I don't really trust leaks at this point, but Littlefinger dying just makes so much sense imo

QueenofThrones

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Needle wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:49 am
Dee Stark wrote:
Needle wrote:

spoiler.
Some leaks say he'll die, some say he won't. I don't really trust leaks at this point, but Littlefinger dying just makes so much sense imo
I'd honestly rather such comments remain in quarantine or at least covered in spoiler coding (even if you don't know FOR SURE which leak is true it's still discussing leaked material).

Wimsey

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:16 am

Needle wrote:
Er, why not just use Bran, then?

And, yes, Meera survived White Walkers once. That does not make her odds of surviving them again appreciably better than they were! Moreover, and as we've seen repeatedly, there are a shockingly large number of ways to die. :D
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

QueenofThrones

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:37 am

Dee Stark wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:26 am
I pretty much fully agree with everything you said.

I would also like to add that I cant imagine Mel meeting with Dany.... but that would be awesome and super surprising to me.
I do think that Mel will reunite with Arya before she dies

"Melisandre to Arya: I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you'll shut forever. We will meet again. "
Dee, I think that Melisandre should meet Dany since she's the other big candidate for Azor Ahai / The Red God's Chosen, etc. So it would be interesting for them to meet - would she question Jon being the one, or think that somehow both of them are?

You're right about Arya too though! Good catch.

• Information