Edmure

tanner1

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:20 pm

After the Freys demise, does anyone have thoughts about whether Edmure would have been released?

Lord Parramandas

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:48 pm

He could be... I think from a story perspective, his part is pretty much finished and I doubt he will ever appear again.

Meg22

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:18 pm

I think his wife would have rescued him. No Frey men anymore to stop her.

Joel Needs a Car

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 am

We know that Walder Frey, before he died, said that Edmure was in a cell, but could Jaime have sent Edmure and his family to Casterly Rock afterwards with a company of guards before Jaime himself left for KL?

Jaime might feel he should be true to his word and send them to a more secure place rather than leave them in the uncertainty of The Twins, post Walder's Lordship given that his principle heirs were also dead. Granted this should be explained outright really but is it a possibility?
AKA: Ser Not Appearing in this Series

Lord Parramandas

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:14 am

Joel Needs a Car wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 am
We know that Walder Frey, before he died, said that Edmure was in a cell, but could Jaime have sent Edmure and his family to Casterly Rock afterwards with a company of guards before Jaime himself left for KL?

Jaime might feel he should be true to his word and send them to a more secure place rather than leave them in the uncertainty of The Twins, post Walder's Lordship given that his principle heirs were also dead. Granted this should be explained outright really but is it a possibility?
Yes, that could be a possibility as well. But I doubt the show will adress it.

QueenofThrones

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:04 pm

I dunno, Edmure could come back. I mean we've had the return of hot pie and Melisandre and Nymeria and the H.S.S. Tormienne... so why not Edmure? He serves a plot purpose in war in that he and his wife both have blood claims to various Riverlands properties. Jaime, obviously, has burnt any bridges he might have been hoping to build with his "KILL EVERY TULLY" threat, so if Tyrion or someone can scrounge them up, why not use them as allies / to rally some armies from the Riverlands...? It would be nice to have more scions of the great houses on the side of #TeamDany

Dgskdive

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Arya probably had no clue he was there. she didn't know that Jon was King in the North, which is a much bigger and well known piece of news then the fact Edmure is still a prisoner. Then again Aray had to have spent time at the Twins to accomplish what she did. So maybe she knew and just didnt care. Or it could just be that D&D will decide to ignore the fate of Edmure. I hate loose ends though. So I hope they address it.

QueenofThrones

Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Dgskdive wrote:
Arya probably had no clue he was there. she didn't know that Jon was King in the North, which is a much bigger and well known piece of news then the fact Edmure is still a prisoner. Then again Aray had to have spent time at the Twins to accomplish what she did. So maybe she knew and just didnt care. Or it could just be that D&D will decide to ignore the fate of Edmure. I hate loose ends though. So I hope they address it.
A podcast I was listening to pointed out that Edmure could be in Casterley Rock so he could turn up if and when Dany's forces take that fortress. The Twins are somewhat on the way to CR so Frey's comment could just mean that "he's back in the dungeons" for now - until he gets to his final destination.

Raeslewolhn

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:13 pm

QueenofThrones wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:40 pm
Dgskdive wrote:
A podcast I was listening to pointed out that Edmure could be in Casterley Rock so he could turn up if and when Dany's forces take that fortress. The Twins are somewhat on the way to CR so Frey's comment could just mean that "he's back in the dungeons" for now - until he gets to his final destination.
Interesting.
I always figured he had to be in the Riverlands somewhere, one way or the other. Since Arya had just gotten BK and was still keeping her anonymity, mostly, maybe Edmure woke up to an open cell and a house of dead Freys and left on his own.

Dee Stark

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Another character we shouldn't care about with so little episodes left

• Information