Detailed Spoilers - Episode 4 - HBO leak

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Jack Bauer 24

Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:59 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:12 pm
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:09 pm
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:05 pm

No. She only tells Sansa she has a list of people she's going to kill and that Cersei is on it.
That's disappointing
They only just reunited. If they just talk about everything in their first scene there won't be anything left to talk about later.
True. Did she tell her she's killed anyone on her list? And is the scene with Tyrion looking at dragons in the episode?

selena

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:59 pm
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:12 pm
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:09 pm

That's disappointing
They only just reunited. If they just talk about everything in their first scene there won't be anything left to talk about later.
True. Did she tell her she's killed anyone on her list? And is the scene with Tyrion looking at dragons in the episode?
no she never came out and said she has killed people....Sansa kinda laughed it off in the reunion scene when Ayra tells her about her "list" (picture the Arya/lannister soliders scene) but knows she is dead serious when Bran talks about it when all three are together

no that scene isnt in this episode. I that scne is in episode 6 when Dany rushes off to save Jon and company during weight hunt

Jack Bauer 24

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:12 pm

Did Shakman live up to Sapochnik?

Violator

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Boudica wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:42 pm
ghost of winterfell wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:33 pm
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:05 pm
Not looking forward to Meera leaving the show :( The only good thing about this is that she'll survive the series though. This also tells me we won't see Howland in season 8. Bran and Sam will tell Jon who his parents are.

So the battle between Dany and the Lannisters is useless :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, it doesn't look like Howland will be making an appearance. I feel so sad about Meera though, because I was feeling quite sure that she would return in S8 :( .

About the battle, they might have changed the outcome a bit. Because this script says that Jaime got some of the gold to KL before Dany's attack, but Frikidoctor had said that Jaime would dread explaining to Cersei that they lost the gold (at least that's what the translations said). So maybe they changed this detail and had Dany destroy everything?
I think this battle needs to be useless to explain Tyrion and Varys' motives to try for a ceasefire with the Lannisters. It wouldn't make that much sense to try to negotiate a truce if it was after a clean victory.
But would Cersei agree to meet with them if she is winning the war? I would say Cersei has to lose something. I am not sure if it was in the preview or if I read it somewhere. But there is a scene where Tycho Nestoris tells Cersei that he is not going to do anything until the gold/ payment are in his own hands. That gives me the idea, that Cersei will not be able to deliver completely.
This is where I am.

If Cersei was able to get the gold to KL (how the fuck did they manage that anyway?) then she will be able to pay off her debt to the IB and will receive their financial support. She will be able to buy troops and and food for her armies. This will lead her at an advantage.

According to the leaks, this was the episode where she gets her first major set back in the war and losing the gold would have certainly done that. This would have left her in a position where her army is all but annihilated and she has no money, but she does have the capital and hostages. From that position, we can easily see why she might meet for a parley.

If she has the gold and the IB's support then she doesn't need to and she wouldn't meet. What would be the point? She knows that Dany will not attack the capital directly and she has most of her enemies ships destroyed and a large proportion of her army besieged on the other side of the continent.

She wants to assert her control and will not seek any deal unless she feels she has little choice.

The only way I can see her beginning to change her mind is if the IB pulls out in the last minute and says she's a bad investment and/ or Tyrion seeks out Jamie secretly and tries to plead with his brother to seek a peaceful conclusion and end the violence.

selena

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:22 pm

@Jack
I thought it was an excellent episode.. the Dany/Jon scenes were very well done .. Bran/Littlefinger scene will be a highlight moment...didnt watch the battle because I wanna see that in high def on sunday but everything I have read says it is as good as Blackwater or BoB and Drogon Cigi is on point

basically the battle doesnt disappoint and they nailed 99% of the "character" scenes.. (Jon/Theon scene may have been a tad "box checked..move on" and Bronn/Jamie scene tried a bit too hard)

Violator

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Poor Meera.

She wanted to test that wheelchair's suspension too.

The Brandroid strikes again.

Violator

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Where the fuck is Ghost?

This is just ridiculous now.

Fuschia

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:09 pm

After watching the episode, I an less convinced that Friki has any real info other then what has already been leaked.

I loved the Arya-Sansa reunion. It seemed true to their relationship. I'm glad that the show is finally acknowledging Jon and Arya's special bond. Seriously, if you're just a casual show watcher you'd have no clue they had one.

Arya and Brienne sparring was badass but I think they went a little far with Arya's prowess, tbh.

I'm not sure I'm buying the Jon Dany romance, sure they have chemistry but it's not through the roof as some are saying. I think if I didn't know about Boatsex, I wouldn't think it was sexual chemistry.

Why is Jon still hanging around Dragonstone? After Dany says she would support him if he bends the knee. Shouldn't Jon say, "Well, I should return to Winterfell forthwith and discuss this with my banner men."

I mean he has permission to mine Dragonglass and has the offer of an alliance. His job there is done, imo.

Oh, and poor Marya Seaworth, it seems your husband has truly forgotten you.

Steel_Wind

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:12 pm

ghost of winterfell wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:33 pm

Yeah, it doesn't look like Howland will be making an appearance. I feel so sad about Meera though, because I was feeling quite sure that she would return in S8 :( .
I would not go that far. The reason I say so has to do with the way the scene in the Tower of Joy in S06E10 was shot.

You will recall that D&D make sure to have Ned pick up Ser Arthur Dayne's sword, Dawn. Ned carries it into Lyanna's chamber and lies it against the foot of the Bed of Blood. The sword is framed in the shot and the camera lingers on it for just the *slightest* moment.

That's Dawn. The Prince Who was Promised will bring the Dawn. That's what he brings. He brings that sword at the appointed hour.

So we have to get that sword into Jon's hands. And given that we are left to guess what happened at the Tower of Joy, between the lies Ned told to everyone about Howland Reed not being there at the end (Brandon said he heard the story many times) then there was a reason Ned lied about it. The reason he lied was because the fact that Howland Reed survived the fight but did not ride back with Ned was a fact that had to be hidden. It was hidden because it was Howland Reed who must have taken Jon and headed up North across the interior of country, found a wetnurse, and then headed East across the Riverlands to bring the wetnurse, now posing as a Tavern girl, to hand over Jon Snow to Eddard as Eddard rode back up North from King's Landing along the King's Road with the Northern army, going back home.

And that means Howland Reed is overwhelmingly likely, at least in the show, to have Dawn. The sword was not returned to Dayne's sister on the show I don't think.

The camera framing and lingering on Dawn at the foot of the bed was no accident. We are going to see that sword again. That means we are seeing Howland Reed, sometime in Season 8 or in the final episode of Season 7, I wager.

Jack Bauer 24

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Does the dragon riding look even better then last season? I thought last season was a marked improvement over Daznak.

• Information