Dany need a few things

Dgskdive

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Anyone else think it is time for Dany to get some armor and a saddle for Drogon? The Scorpion was a bit more effective than expected. That was only one, what if the Lannisters had 30 or 40 of them? Drogon and Dany would have been done for if that had been the case.

I have seen concept art of the Dragons with Armor. Dany needs to think about the safety of her Children a little bit more in my book

Meg22

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:37 pm

No. It would weigh Drogon down and affect his maneuverability. It wouldn't be respected by the Dothraki either who fight without armor. It's not likely to be effective anyway. A missile coming at that size and velocity will need very heavy armor to withstand it. Dany didn't know about the Scorpion. Now that she does, she and Drogon will be a aware of them and know to destroy them at the first opportunity. Another tactic would to be to stay in motion as a moving target is harder to hit. No hovering, as Dany did on a couple of occasions to survey the battle.

zukester

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:43 am

The scorpions will be shown to be more effective and powerful than they would ever actually be, because they need to be for the plot to work, Otherwise the dragon's become an overpowering weapon that has no counter.

In truth, a huge crossbow would be a pretty ineffective weapon against a flying and highly maneuverable target.

Raeslewolhn

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:59 am

Dgskdive wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:26 pm
Anyone else think it is time for Dany to get some armor and a saddle for Drogon? The Scorpion was a bit more effective than expected. That was only one, what if the Lannisters had 30 or 40 of them? Drogon and Dany would have been done for if that had been the case.

I have seen concept art of the Dragons with Armor. Dany needs to think about the safety of her Children a little bit more in my book
I think this was a wake up call. It's coming! :)

• Information