S7 disappointment?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:20 pm

I love Seasons 1-6. I love all of it. Even Dorne. But this season has just really not sat well with me. Anyone else feel the same?

BeardedOnion

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:35 pm

It's better than S2, S5, and S6 for me.

S5 wasn't bad but holy shit it sucks compared to the quality we got this season.

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:39 pm

BeardedOnion wrote:

S5 wasn't bad but holy shit it sucks compared to the quality we got this season.
I loved those seasons. I'd rank them 4 > 5 > 6 > 2 > 1 > 3 > 7

BeardedOnion

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
BeardedOnion wrote:

S7 isn't even done, the first ep was solid, ep2 was pretty good, ep3 was one of the best the show's ever done, period and same with ep4. EP5 was set up and ep6 was cool in parts and disappointing in others. We should judge the season when it's done, if you told me to judge S6 after the pretty disappointing EP8 I'll say it was good but ended poorly. EP7 is gearing up to be a great finale. S7, if the finale is indeed great, was more or less filled with fantastic moment after fantastic moment. Season 5 was pretty much EP5 of this season one after another.

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:53 pm

BeardedOnion wrote:
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
BeardedOnion wrote:

S7 isn't even done, the first ep was solid, ep2 was pretty good, ep3 was one of the best the show's ever done, period and same with ep4. EP5 was set up and ep6 was cool in parts and disappointing in others. We should judge the season when it's done, if you told me to judge S6 after the pretty disappointing EP8 I'll say it was good but ended poorly. EP7 is gearing up to be a great finale. S7, if the finale is indeed great, was more or less filled with fantastic moment after fantastic moment. Season 5 was pretty much EP5 of this season one after another.
WF plotline is horrible. Bran is just twiddling his thumbs off screen when he could squash this pointless squabbling between Arya/Sansa.

Then there's Theon twiddling his thumbs at DS even though he arrived back there 2 1/2 episodes ago and its been weeks in the show. Hasn't found Dany to talk to her about Yara even though Dany was there in 705 AND 706.

And what is also irksome is that we have Team Jon fighting the army of the dead and the NK getting a dragon and the stakes couldn't be hire beyond the Wall yet they kept cutting back to WF in 706. Why should we care at all about Arya/Sansa arguing and the WF plotline when we have what we have going on with the NK! The stakes are too drastically different to care at all.

BeardedOnion

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
BeardedOnion wrote:
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:

WF plotline is horrible. Bran is just twiddling his thumbs off screen when he could squash this pointless squabbling between Arya/Sansa.

Then there's Theon twiddling his thumbs at DS even though he arrived back there 2 1/2 episodes ago and its been weeks in the show. Hasn't found Dany to talk to her about Yara even though Dany was there in 705 AND 706.

And what is also irksome is that we have Team Jon fighting the army of the dead and the NK getting a dragon and the stakes couldn't be hire beyond the Wall yet they kept cutting back to WF in 706. Why should we care at all about Arya/Sansa arguing and the WF plotline when we have what we have going on with the NK! The stakes are too drastically different to care at all.
Those are problems but nothing compared to the ones in S5. WF is bad but I can trust it to end on a good note, unlike the Sansa s5 plot and dorne S5 plot both of which were abysmal, the former threw Sansa's arc in the bin for a whole season and made her progression seem stunted, the Dorne one... less said the better.

Also the Arya S6 plotline had her doing fuck all for 8 straight episodes and made the entire Braavos arc almost useless. WF started in ep4 and will end shortly with hopeful character development.

Theon? It honestly slipped my mind because it's pretty minor compared to other problems. Besides, he's having a fairly decent arc this season aside from that problem.

Also the WF doesn't take away from the stakes at all. We got shown the scenes before and after the lake scene.

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm

BeardedOnion wrote:
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
BeardedOnion wrote:

Those are problems but nothing compared to the ones in S5. WF is bad but I can trust it to end on a good note, unlike the Sansa s5 plot and dorne S5 plot both of which were abysmal, the former threw Sansa's arc in the bin for a whole season and made her progression seem stunted, the Dorne one... less said the better.

Also the Arya S6 plotline had her doing fuck all for 8 straight episodes and made the entire Braavos arc almost useless. WF started in ep4 and will end shortly with hopeful character development.

Theon? It honestly slipped my mind because it's pretty minor compared to other problems. Besides, he's having a fairly decent arc this season aside from that problem.

Also the WF doesn't take away from the stakes at all. We got shown the scenes before and after the lake scene.
Why should I care about WF sister squabble when NK just got a dragon?

BeardedOnion

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
BeardedOnion wrote:
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:

You're not meant to. It contrasts how petty some fights are in the light of the real one.

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:16 pm

BeardedOnion wrote:
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
BeardedOnion wrote:

You're not meant to. It contrasts how petty some fights are in the light of the real one.
And why did Bran squash this 2 episodes ago? They have no idea what to do with Bran

BeardedOnion

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:16 pm
BeardedOnion wrote:
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:

And why did Bran squash this 2 episodes ago? They have no idea what to do with Bran
Use Bran too much and it takes tension away man. Besides, he was sending Benjen to help Jon.

Bran's super human at this point. He can end any conflict, kill anyone, know anything. Use him too much and you take away tension. Plus, he likely really doesn't give a shit about his sisters anymore.

• Information