s07e01 - Dragonstone

QueenofThrones

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Not sure if there will be "official" episode threads, so I have made this one (if one is made, please delete this post).

I've re-posted the rules for this forum below. Please cover and clearly label any leaks/spoilers/leak-based speculation (or better yet, post in the quarantine forum)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to our General Discussion Forum! This is the main place to be for all you fans. You can chat about most anything related to Game of Thrones.

We do also have a forum for the Unsullied (the Spoiler-Free Talk area) and a forum for those who want to go hog-wild with spoiler discussion and leak talk without using spoiler-coding called Quarantine. Do not mix them up!

This forum is the middle-ground, comparable to the comments section on most Watchers on the Wall posts.

Here are a few guidelines for the General Discussion forum:

1. We do ask that you cover spoilers that have not aired yet on HBO with spoiler coding. Once the episode has aired on HBO, Sunday nights at 9PM Eastern US Time, you can post about the episode openly.

2. How do you cover spoilers? Easy as pie on the forums- you just use this button: Image Click that button on the bar above the writing area when you're composing your post, and place your spoiler info in between the coding! When you Preview your post, you'll see that it works!

3. Follow the standard Watchers on the Wall rules of civility, as laid out in our FAQ.

4. If we think of anything else, we'll let you know!

Thank you all for joining us!

Sue the Fury

Jack Bauer 24

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:17 pm

HBO releases short clip from premeire

https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/statu ... 3333134336

byspearthornandfang

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:27 am

Ahhh I am so pleased! I literally enjoyed every storyline this episode! I wish they released this the way Netflix does, I'm already dying for next week!

QueenofThrones

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:33 am

UGh i finally got to watch it! Solid epi 1!! LOTS happened! SOOOOooo good!!!1

Dany’s arrival was everything, I felt a little teary eyed. Little stab to the heart for the last 2 Stannis fans in the world when she pulled down that tapestry. It occurs to me have we ever seen Dragonstone during the day before, it was always dark and rainy that I recall!? It was probably SO VERY HARD for Tyrion not to make a comment – but he held his tongue for once! <3 Team Tyrion and Dany (not that way). Side note, I liked how people actually know Dany is coming and take her seriously as a threat FINALLY!!!! Also there was a mention about whether people will be all good with Dothraki/Unsullied invading Westeros! The plot thickens.

Arya: Cold open was great, I loved it! i was sad to see Walder die so nice to have one last shot. 🙂 She didn't kill the poor Frey-wife, sanity check passed! Ed Sheeran cameo was good why the F did everyone on the interwebs hate it? So confuse. I was worried Arya would murder everyone then she didn't! YAy!! Sanity check x2! I was worried after last season she'd gone full Dexter! … though I am now a little more worried for her life. I suspect she will not be successful in killing Cersei … (obvs).

Sansa / Jon / LF: Great!! Well written scenes, I am rooting for Sansa and Jon both – they both have a point. This is what they should have been like last season. LF can suck it and I def cheered when Sansa told him off… however… Sansa needs to be careful, Baelish wants her, yes… but It might behoove Sansa to play him a little more subtly, let him think he has a shot in hell. Would have liked to see Brienne converse a little more with Sansa about what went down at Riverun, or actually hear the Tormund and Brienne convo. I hate to say it but I too am getting a little tired of tiny badass Mormont. (HERESY!)! If they are going to use her, I would like to see her character do something besides yell shame at people.

KL: Wow, Cersei outright says that Tommen was a TRAITOR and basically deserved to die. She then totes came out and said she doesn't care about what happens after she dies, she just wants the power for its own sake. CERSEI IS FULLY UNHINGED AND It is BEAUTIFUl! Jaime, run. RUUN. I know you think you have no where to go but JUST GOOOO!!! Especially since she's about to get together with Senor Psychopath the Pirate king. She doesn't need you, especially missing a hand and really SHE NEVER HAS.

Hound/bwob: I totally didn't catch until inside the epi that was the little girl/father Arya and he had robbed and left to die. My cries. ;_; I have to give it to Ten Bears, zhe may be right about The Hound being endgame level important. Also Beric Dondarion remains awesome. I wonder if LoL via Thoros will ressurrect The Hound instead of Beric (reborn amidst salt and smoke…) it could happen!!

Sam: WAY more citadel than I was expecting! I loved the poop/soup montage, perfect.
Plus JORAH!!!!!!1111 That does NOT LOOK GOOD. OK so there's dragonglass in Dragonstone WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED? I hope he finds something else. Gilly is adorbs (bb sam is like my daughter's age now!)

Great episode, maybe not QUITE at the level of s6e01 (which had a LOT of welcome surprises), but really good!! HOW CAN I WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!?!?

shah2017

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:01 am

I personally thought it was one of the better opening episodes of a season.

The beginning segment was unexpected. The dialogue was good and made up for the lack of action aside from the beginning.

Plenty of questions to ponder such as why is Arya heading south to kill Cersie rather than going to Winterfell (she stated a girl is going home at the end of 'No One'). It seems like she will be reunited with Nymeria in episode 2.

QueenofThrones

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:51 am

shah2017 wrote:

The beginning segment was unexpected. The dialogue was good and made up for the lack of action aside from the beginning.

Plenty of questions to ponder such as why is Arya heading south to kill Cersie rather than going to Winterfell (she stated a girl is going home at the end of 'No One'). It seems like she will be reunited with Nymeria in episode 2.
I gather by "home" Arya simply meant Westeros. Also she has 2 people left on her list - Cersei and The Mountain. Until they are dead, she is still on a mission...

Len Karstens

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:24 am

QueenofThrones wrote:
shah2017 wrote:

I gather by "home" Arya simply meant Westeros. Also she has 2 people left on her list - Cersei and The Mountain. Until they are dead, she is still on a mission...
Don't forget Ilyn Payne. He is still on her list.

Chilli

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:47 am

Ilyn Payne is removed from the list because the actor has/had cancer and is/was unable to return.

Dee Stark

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:35 am

QueenofThrones wrote:
shah2017 wrote:
I
I agree. UNLESS she gets side tracked. I REALLY HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!

Meg22

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:36 pm

QueenofThrones wrote:
shah2017 wrote:

Melisandre (the red woman) is also on Arya's list.

• Information